Working on upgrade,please try it.

daveb47

Unfortunately Ipb3 which runs this  board is end of life & is now no longer supported.

I am currently working on upgrade to latest Ipb 4.1.

Test forum is at

http://fahl.us/test

Your user/pass from here should work.

You will have to put up with theme for now as i am not doing anything re this till i know that everything is working ok.

Images & attachments are still copying over & will take some time so some will be missing.

Also board is recaching which is slowing it down a bit,again will take some time.

Please test it out,let me know any problems/errors so i can sort them.

Feel free to post what you want,but remember that anything you post will be lost when we finally move(not for quite some time yet)

Dont forget to test image uploads etc,also mobile skin etc.

That's lovely - prefer the default theme over the beige but nice to be able to post pics from mobile . Am I being dumb but where do you click to go to last unread post ?

As new to it as you..... :shock:

not got a clue

Activity/more/Unread content i think

Guest Breadvan72

There must be some cost to this, so I will pony up a contribution, and I urge all fellow grot-botherers to do likewise.

Thanks as always Dave for technowiz splendiness.

After the theme fun you have had on previous tries of forum upgrade, I vote to leave the theme as whatever it is out of the box and nail the functionality down, then worry about what it looks like later. We can think of it as all the welding is done, and everything is covered in whatever primer you had on the shelf to stop it rusting, then once it's passed the mot it'll go in for a respray

One thing I've noticed is the 'insert other media' bit.

Tested using chrome mobile on Android 7.1.2 beta

post-5612-0-23229300-1489397225_thumb.png

If I click on 'insert existing attachment' it brings up a load of 0 byte images, plus a c15 one which is on my phone

post-5612-0-95787700-1489397283_thumb.png

I can add one of the random files though and it works

post-5612-0-52232100-1489397307_thumb.png

As per my test thread.

Its the only issue I've found though, nd it may not even be an issue!

After the theme fun you have had on previous tries of forum upgrade, I vote to leave the theme as whatever it is out of the box and nail the functionality down, then worry about what it looks like later. We can think of it as all the welding is done, and everything is covered in whatever primer you had on the shelf to stop it rusting, then once it's passed the mot it'll go in for a respray

Yeah, but once it's finished can we just leave the rust and stick a pineapple on the roof?

very minor issue.. custom favicon is missing

post-5425-0-87080900-1489404820_thumb.png

Not that i want to sound negative, but for me the new forum is still rather unresponsive.

Are you confident that we won't run into another "zero perfomance disaster" once the board gets the full load?

Do you know Gtmetrix, free and very useful to test sites in various ways and from different locations:

https://gtmetrix.com/compare/slHwfxmm/YJT4hPd9

post-5425-0-88284300-1489408067_thumb.png

The new site does not look good at all and it doesn't even have any load yet.

Please dont get me wrong, you are doing a great job, very much appreciated!

Nevertheless, maybe the new server or the updated software is not really up to the challenge?