Happy 40th Birthday Porsche 924!

inconsistant

Spookily (and controversially for this thread) it was only yesterday that I was pontificating how the front wheel drive Porsches of the 80's have tainted the Porsche brand for me due to their association wih Yuppies and all the 'orrible greed is good stuff of that era.

Ooh, no rear spoiler! My favourite. Tell us more about it, Alusilber.

Friend of mine ran one for years, in total shite spec - metallic browny-red with the 3-speed auto. It was a very late 2-litre one with the 5-bolt Turbo wheels. I think the gearbox blew up in the end and it was scrapped sadly. Looking at the MOT history (it had the quality private plate of 924 NNY) it was properly knackered.

Ooh, no rear spoiler! My favourite. Tell us more about it, Alusilber.

Friend of mine ran one for years, in total shite spec - metallic browny-red with the 3-speed auto. It was a very late 2-litre one with the 5-bolt Turbo wheels. I think the gearbox blew up in the end and it was scrapped sadly. Looking at the MOT history (it had the quality private plate of 924 NNY) it was properly knackered.

It's a fairly original 1981 924 Lux manuel with deep-bolster "sports" seats - alas, not Pasha but Berber tweed and good old vinyl. Seems to have led a sheltered life, with almost no dash cracks and no significant rot (that I've discovered so far...). Wheels seem to have been repainted at some point but don't look too bad from a distance.  Suffers from a very rough cold idle but otherwise drives quite well (at least the last time I took it out of the garage...)

• 11 months later...