Rear light unit identification

nigel bickle

Hey Guys, I'm welling up.  

Thank you so very much for all those lovely comments. Its hard, really tough dealing with this-  sometimes he's near normal, sometimes very much not.

I don't think its my place to tell you his 'issues', but they do seem to be coming at him from several angles.  There's only so much fighting a body can take,

Right now he's pretty good -and returned to the UK this week for a few days. It will be good to have him 'home' - albeit briefly

The stuff he's got just defies belief -and most of it seems to be beyond obscure. 

He did tell  me to ask here when I got lost - that the advice would be honest & truthful, & you've been really helpful. I've undersold those bloody Rover lights- but I'll learn.

Anyway thanks.  Your comments gladden the heart.

Are you ok with me using his account here, or prefer I re register?

I'm only likely in occasionally, probably to ask for help with identification etc

It's fine, you're only making plans for Nigel.

Is he going to keep buying weird cars from the continent, or does he have a future in British steel?

I had the privilege of meeting the legendary Nigel and being shown a little of his collection a few years ago (when I helped Scooters collect a Yugo 45 from him, my introduction to AS), and I'm very sad indeed to hear he's not well. Please add my very best wishes too.

There's a lot of love and respect for him on here.

Thank you.

I hadn't realised. It's nice to know he's liked here.

I've thought about it and decided to register as 'Son of Bickle' (- if I can get through the process, nothing seems to be happening!) as he may prefer to use his own sign in, if/ when able. I don't want to nick it.

I've little doubt I'll be asking a lot of questions though....as soon as I'm in!

Best wishes to Nigel. Lurked on here for a while before realising that Nigel was that bloke who was on C4 in the late '90s selling a Minor Traveller, and also owned barns full of chod. That brief glimpse gave me a hero to worship even before AS came along. Hope thing turn out well for you Nigel.

A bit late in the day, but only just heard about this thread, met up with Nigel

on various occasions, en-route to and from Gatwick...

a great place to stop off (...if you can find it!!!....)

and a fellow Renault 12 enthusiast  -  I have had 15 Estates, more than him I think?

but his collection, and his enthusiasm, is awsome.

Best wishes to Nigel, from "mad as a box of frogs"  Lovejoy  :-D