NEW New new new New top gear ON HOLD, RIP?

HMC

The last ones with Clarkson etc really annoyed me because it was more about blowing up and wrecking stuff than cars.

Evans was really annoying.

This one's not bad at all. It might not be as slick or funny as GT but it had more actual content that I could relate to.

I also find constant reviews of supercars wears thin after a while because I will never own, or probably even drive one.

I can relate to an old Merc or Volvo V70 though.

Last series with Evans I watched one episode and spent the entire hour wanting to kick the shit out of my television set. The next day I untuned radio 2 in the car just in case I accidentally wandered onto his breakfast show.

I've just finished watching the first episode of this new series and I'll be watching again. It isn't amazing BUT in my opinion it has far more potential once the guys relax into the role a bit more. They need a couple of series worth to get into the flow. The studio stuff needs the most work, it was painful in places.

Go back and watch the first episodes of "new" top gear with Clarkson et al and youll see it was a bit clunky too. It took a few seasons to mature, this will hopefully be the same.

Ps the Ferrari MOTHERFXXKER is a bit pointless but I appreciate the engineering, and I for one am glad it exists, just because. Plus it sounds FXXKing fantastic especially on the overrun.....

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

My tv guide tells me there's a road trip across America In soft top supercars and David Tennant is the star in the reasonably fast car. Again at 8pm tonight. If there had been a post mortem on the opener, I hope they discussed the cringe factor of the interview bit where mcavoy sat uncomfortably in the background for an overly long period of time. Maybe it works on the one show as the anchors are more experienced in handling guests in a studio setting? Whatever, I'll be watching with interest.

I like the front of the Alfa, but the rear just looks like a BMW.

They didn't show tennant crashing did they? I quite liked the California skit, but it was pointless I agree.

I also think that 911 isn't a super car, why not use a mclaren? They have loads of convertibles for press- they're in and out everyday at work.

For those of us who refuse to watch anything with Clarkson in, it was all new on the Alfa. What a remarkable bit of kit. I think I still prefer the 156 Sportwagon though. On balance.

Harris seems ok, what did the other one contribute this week? It's also really missing a female role.

Yes, a female co-host would be nice. Old, old Top Gear always seemed to be able to bring female presenters in, but new TG got so laddish that girls didnt' really fit. Unless they were Sabine, and I've no time for her. She's pure novelty value. "OMG! A girl who can drive!" That may be true, but she's no presenter.

The 'challenge' theme is so bloody old hat though. They need to distance themselves from what went before. That's what I liked about the Alfa piece. I did not see the 'wall' thing coming, nor the fails. I enjoyed that.

That alfa is the first new car I've lusted over in a long long time.

This episode felt a bit tighter than before, less awkward than last week's and the patter between Harris and LeBlanc seemed more natural.

I'm still farting around on ebay / here on my phone at times during it so it hasn't quite got my undivided attention yet....

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Once again I really enjoyed it. If you are going to disect every aspect of every show then everything is going to have bad bits, plot holes, bits that are wrong. It's entertaining, pretty good and one of the very few shows for car enthsiasts especially on terrestrial telly so let's get behind it before the dreaded BBC can it.

I watched it until that annoying twat smashed the Alfa windscreen, fast forwarded, discovered that David Tennant twat was there, f/f a bit more, gave up.

Sorry, it doesn't work. It's painful to watch three blokes trying to do Clarkson/May/Hammond banter and failing spectacularly. The Grand Tour is immeasurably better.

I think that's exactly what I dislike most.

I don't want to see an incarnation of any old Top Gear format reenacted. I want them to come up with a new one.

But all three of them are way too dull and unimaginative to pull that. Foremost that terminally witless and shallow septic,

not because he is a septic, mind, but because he is terminally witless and shallow.

^ This.

Personally, I'd like a motoring show to concentrate on motoring, rather than 'celebrities' and studio audiences. What's to stop them recording the show while out on the actual streets, in actual cars?

^^^ Who was that cunt with the stubble in Episode 1? A celebrity?

Fuck that. If I want to see celebs, I want to see Keith Richards, not some extra from a Tom Cruise flick.