NEW New new new New top gear ON HOLD, RIP?

HMC

8pm tonight- line up mcguinness, flintoff and Harris.
Will there be seeds of banter and personal chemistry that characterised the original relaunch; and perhaps more importantly do you think you will like them as a group?

Im hoping for a few old banger road trips- tonight’s episode at least in part is from Ethiopia- sounds promising?
Yes, a road trip in their first cars I think. Looks promising.

I find Mcguiness irritating but am keen to give new new new Top Gear a try.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I hadn't realised the last series with MLB had aired, so managed a 5 episodes in 5 days catch up on iPlayer last week.

Flintoff is pretty funny as a cricket commentator, so I reckon he'll be the fall guy for a lot of TG 'pranks' - not sure what his car credentials are. McGuiness I can take him or leave him - he did some bits on Fifth Gear when he was taking his motorcycle test and he was pretty good on that TBF. Harris, ace bloke, love to have a pint with him.

Never really got on with Rory Reid's style - a bit too 'down with the kids' for my liking.

McGuinness/flintoff- have they done tv “stuff” together before? or is this a bit of stand back and see what happens in terms of group “dynamics” (cringey phrase but you know what I mean)

1 hour ago, dollywobbler said:

Generic 'Top Gear is shit' post, with side rant of how it's 'utter crap and I won't be watching because it'll be utter crap' (based on having not watched it). Repeat on a weekly basis until the series is over. Feel free to copy and paste.

Your personal opinion?

Or jumping on the bandwagon nice and early....

1 hour ago, dollywobbler said:

Generic 'Top Gear is shit' post, with side rant of how it's 'utter crap and I won't be watching because it'll be utter crap' (based on having not watched it). Repeat on a weekly basis until the series is over. Feel free to copy and paste.

I saw the trailer for this and it looked so bad I decided I didn't need to watch a bloke from Phoenix Nights, someone who was apparently a cricketer and another dude I've never heard of wrecking old cars and being lads. So, no, I won't be watching it, but nor will I posting anything about it either.

I’ve watched every top gear since the 1980s. Highs and lows really. At least the Harris person has a 2cv, although seemingly zero mechanic sympathy ( driving it with completely shagged king pins). I’ll watch tonight and see what it’s like - not watched a trailer yet. I quite like paddy but freddie’s previous attempts at programmes after cricket haven’t been good.

Just saw a trail and I'm sure there was a Bagheera on a raft.

, Flintoff has already done the Roadtrip buddy movie thing with Jack Whitehall and Jamie Redknapp to amusing effect, he comes across as gung-ho , fearless and with no mechanical sympathy whatsoever- perfect for Top Gear.

The other fella is a very polished TV presenter  and as such is the perfect person to compliment the knowledgable , enthusiastic but ultimately geeky Harris.

Ive got high hopes for this new series and for all the popularity for other car programmes and YouTube stuff Top Gear is always far and away the best visually and for technical excellence ( and massive budget).

I can't get any interest to watch it to be honest.

For me, the simple fact is, if i want to watch folk "being blokes" with cars, i can find that on Youtube any day, any time.

Watching a 3 guys do it on a production budget just doesn't do it for me nowadays.

20 minutes ago, bigstraight6 said:

I’m recording this to watch tomorrow night, I think the new presenters will work well and make this entertaining viewing..

I enjoyed it. Laddish but then so it has always been since 2001. 

It felt more spontaneous in the main in terms of the 3 bantering/interacting  and for me the best reboot of top gear by far (so far)

Not bad really.

Thinking about it, I don't actually like Clarkson or Hammond as individuals but the old new new top gear worked well due to the interaction between the 3.

It was a bit forced at times tonight but I will certainly keep watching.