NEW New new new New top gear ON HOLD, RIP?

HMC

It certainly didn't offend, and some filming was very beautiful, but the scripting still needs serious work. On the one hand, it's nice not to have the pitiful bully-boy 'comedy' of Clarkson, but it just wasn't entertaining enough. Perhaps 'a bit meh' is better than 'gawd I'm turning it off,' but I have no real desire to watch the next episode. Last night, I watched Mighty Car Mods 'Kei to the City' film, which is also an hour. I enjoyed that hour a lot more.

It certainly didn't offend, and some filming was very beautiful, but the scripting still needs serious work. On the one hand, it's nice not to have the pitiful bully-boy 'comedy' of Clarkson, but it just wasn't entertaining enough. Perhaps 'a bit meh' is better than 'gawd I'm turning it off,' but I have no real desire to watch the next episode. Last night, I watched Mighty Car Mods 'Kei to the City' film, which is also an hour. I enjoyed that hour a lot more.

You Crazy 88!

Deary me, there is no pleasing some folks. Wanted rid of Evans as he ruined the show, and tonight proved that he did. I thought, given that the three of them were unused to that studio format, they did very well, they will get better. The chemistry between them has potential, the new car is a great idea and back to the old track, necessary. Siarpc was better though I felt Mr McAvoy was underused/questioned as he is an interesting person and was wasted.

All in all, I felt it was a solid 8/10 with room for improvement and signs that it will. The Grand Tour mob will be worried all the way to the bank :)

I quite liked it tbh, even amy chuckled 3 times. The challenge was ok, Chris Harris saying about the only fault being the dipped beam out made me laugh. Studio bits were shite though, and I did the ironing during the ferrari bit so didn't pay it as much attention.

Will watch again, mainly because it's about the only thing I watch on TV. Well behind on the grand tour, need to hit pirate Bay and catch up, maybe...

I am sure the Withnail and I bit he was complaining about with a Nissan Sunny in was actually a Nissan Cherry, other than that I quite liked it. Sure the scripted studio stuff was a bit stale but Matt the blank is obviously quite a funny guy IRL and was good on film.

I watched it, much better than the evans ruined one which I only could stomach one episode of.

The guest segment was terrible though and perhaps the main reason they chose evans originally was his interviewing back ground? Still having watched all of the Grand Tours you can't beat Clarko, Faggy and porche fanboy, their chemistry and idiocy which has amused me for years. I didn't realise how much I'd missed them until they came back!

I mustardmit Robot Wars was better despite "oil do ene teevee" Dara O'brenus trying to ruin it.

I hate all the needless crashing too but like most people it seems i really fancy a 5 Cylinder V70 now!

I thought the pushing and shoving thing was a bit much too but I totally believe Harris full on smashing into the Merc was unintended. I started looking at V70's afterwards too...

Having gotten board of "Old" Top Gear, and finding the 'new' Top Gear of last year good. This was great! (Being my age and knowing that TG existed long before the 'Clarkson Era', it feels weird saying 'old & new')

That was fantastic! Harris, Reid & Joey seem to have a good chemistry between them and it felt much less scripted than before.The fact that they actually told you why Harris painted the V70 like that is a massive plus in my eyes over TG of old (They'd have gone for the "LOL OAP's drive this LOL" or something along them lines) and how the same gag was't repeated over and over in the same was as before, which was often the cars being bashed into each other. 

9/10 will watch again. 

I'm in the mood for getting an LTI...