NEW New new new New top gear ON HOLD, RIP?

HMC

For a good example of how awful the old one was, watch the modern Peugeot driver bit from 2015. It was feckin awful. I'd given up watching the old one by this point but say it on Dave the other week. Unbearable. If it was a 5 minute skit, fine but they dragged the fecker on for 20 odd minutes.

Painful.

^ This. The ultimate reminder of how things had gone off the boil toward the end. All the old ingredients but frankly awful.

Still staggered at the brazen two-facedness of the BBC who are quick to sack JC for moral purposes, then re-screen his old programmes over and over on their commercial, profit-making network. And plagiarise the format devised by him and his production team lock, stock and barrel for the newnewnew(new)TG.

It seems many have not yet realised that just because those in positions of power in modern Britain fall over themselves trying to appear 'of the people' rather than wearing tweed and shooting to kill at weekends, they're any less removed from the common decency of the man in the street. It's likely the modern CEO has far fewer scruples than what preceded him or her.

I see all those programmes the licence payer payed for are now trying to be sold back to the public, for £££s in a form of barely-concealed theft, yet the words Thatcher and enterprise are supposedly dirty ones in those politically-correct corridors of our state broadcaster.

Sorry to disappoint, but the mere fact that I actually decided to watch every episode of this series suggests it's only Eddie Jordan that makes me angry.

GENERAL ANGRY INTERNET COMMENTS ABOUT TOP GEAR FROM PEOPLE OTHER THAN DOLLYWOBBLER (ABORTIONS FOR SOME, MINIATURE AMERICAN FLAGS FOR OTHERS).

• 2 weeks later...

Again with very little publicity, NNNTG is on tonight- easy to miss as I think it wasn't scheduled last week.

Rory and Chris on a Cuban road trip. How big is Cuba? Will they buy shonky roadside repaired 50s yanks ( my preferred trip is when they have to buy used cars for the journey) or will it be about the latest supercars (my least favourite sort of road trip, yawn)

£5k Maserati biturbo and £5k Chevrolet Camaro have been bought

Both cars have already featured in Clarkson era TG, as had the guest, I was almost expecting the same anecdote about his tank.

Wasn't really watching it but it was on.  Says a lot really when browsing auto trader is more interesting.  The thing is I don't really care what they think of anything, or what they do either.  At least the old trinity could make me laugh (and continue to do on Dave).

I thought it was shit. Sick of every man and his dog going to Cuba and not showing us anything new.

At least when Clarkson went in the 90s he was shown how to make a brake fluid substitute from brown sugar and shampoo, and drove Castro's Chevy.

Seen the guest before, seen the challenge cars before. The whole thing was very very meh (and I only watch it for light entertainment).