NEW New new new New top gear ON HOLD, RIP?

HMC

39 minutes ago, Kowalski said:

Top Gear isn't really for proper car enthusiasts anymore.

Not sure it ever has been, or not since before the 'modern' version anyway. It's a family entertainment show that happens to have cars in, and I love it for that. 

My wife wouldn't sit with me and enjoy an episode of Wheeler Dealers or Hoovies Garage, but Top Gear she will, that's the difference. 

I think the show is starting to settle down a little bit. It also feels as if the studio aspect of things is becoming far less part of things. The Grand Tour have canned that side of things completely now.

Harris is an excellent motoring journalist. Enthusiastic and knowledgeable with no fuss. I expect he’s a nice chap. I think Flintoff is the odd man of the trio - I reckon a different kind of character is needed to obtain a bit of balance. Fuck knows who though.

I’m going to put my neck on the line here and make a prediction:

I reckon that what’s going to happen now is that a load of tedious bores who “don’t like Top Gear, especially with these presenters and with how they treat the cars, it’s all set up anyway” are going to sit down and watch this episode anyway.

After they do, they’re going to be hitting the internet to moan and whinge about how Top Gear isn’t really a car show any more, they’ve smashed the cars up and the presenters aren’t as good as when Chris Goffey was in it.