NEW New new new New top gear ON HOLD, RIP?

HMC

In 2008 I rented a base spec Dacia Logan saloon from some backstreet place in Marrakesh and drove it 6-up across a desert & back then halfway up a mountain, no a/c or radio, over about a week. Worst car I've ever driven in many ways although to its credit it didn't ever break down or fail to start, even that one time I found a live cat in the engine bay.

Anyway I can't remember the exact cost of that but I'm sure it was still more than 15 quid a day, absolutely mental those Cyprus prices. 

12 hours ago, gadgetgricey said:

The Beeb obviously don't like Paddy flicking a single finger at the Audi. Was blurred out, but all the swearing was fine :).

All of the top brass at the Beeb drive Audi's don't you know.

As I didn't take the rip off insurance with the hire companies at Alicante airport, I have a few times hired Fiat 500's for €50 for six days (in winter, admittedly).
Yup, we've had a seat Ibiza estate for six days for that sort of dough in Lanzarote. I think it was autoreisen.com?

Managed to avoid driving it down a ski slope and didn't owe any mullah on the way home....

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

First top gear I've started to watch in years. I managed about ten minutes before I switched it off. It's just yobs breaking cars.

'I don't want to stereotype but Quentin/Jeremy/Timothy & James possibly isn't quite the right cross section of presenters to present a laddish motoring show is it? Calling them Jezza & Tiff didn't fool me, and when they started breaking Austin Rover cars for laughs, that was the end'.

Yeah, McGuiness is not my favourite. I quite like Flintoff, he comes across quite well and obviously knows why he’s there - the comic relief. 

Harris knows a lot about cars and has grown into the role (no pun intended). 

I like Flintoff’s choices in challenge cars - he should be on here really!

The Chrysler LeBaron convertible he chose in the last (I think) series was just pure top level shite, no question.

• HMC changed the title to NEW New new new New top gear BRITISH CARS

I have to say that this is probably the best series that I've seen in years. That surprises even me, as I'm still not really convinced by Paddy, but I'm really enjoying it this time. I missed the first one but the others have been genuinely entertaining.  I also appreciated that nothing was destroyed this week, and a really good tribute to Sir Stirling Moss (which of course bought out my story of when I met him).

I still read the magazine, and was concerned when, rather than the usual 10 or so pages about the new series coming on, it barely made 2, that maybe even the magazine wasn't impressed. But, I've felt that it is finally coming in to it's own. Just in time for the last of the series next week! If the BBC can just manage to keep the same team and style for the next series it should be ok. But, we've been here before, and then they change everything.

Sorry to sound harsh, but all efforts to revive the former bestselling British exports from their graves fail spectacularly.

Top Gear is only one of the many. Yes, it was repetitive, yes, Clarkson plays a role of a total idiot, Hammond is a disgusting weasel, May is a pub bore.

But, man, it worked all around the globe, not only in Whitley Bay after midnight when the no-brand lager becomes scarce and the blokes switch to smuggled Ukrainian vodka.

• HMC changed the title to NEW New new new New top gear “season finale”
4 minutes ago, Dave_Q said:

Are we all watching the same thing? I thought this episode was quite good, and indeed this whole series has been the best for a while.

Shame they can only manage about 4 episodes a series nowadays.

The latest series was great but today’s episode was shit. Not funny, not entertaining, not informative.

That Honda’s dashboard would distract the fuck out of me. Who wants an aquarium on their dashboard? Anyway, Jaguar got there first by putting two fish tanks on the front of XJ40s.