NEW New new new New top gear ON HOLD, RIP?

HMC

Even if you believe there is another driver behind the grassy knoll for some of the shots, there is no way they don't pick some of it up.

Filming top gear must include a decent few hours spent learning to do big skidz with the stig so even though Harris is the best driver (ref the other 2 not being able to outrun some Saxos in the last episode) they are all going to be fairly handy and just get better the more they film.

On 4/6/2021 at 10:32 AM, GeordieInExile said:

Flintoff has been a revelation for me. Wasn't convinced at all when he was announced as a host but the bloke has balls the size of watermelons. That bungee in a car off the side of a dam is one of the most nerve-wracking things they've ever done on Top Gear.

Friends of mine organised and created that stunt. They used to do a similar thing for the old Top Gear Live shows, but from a crane rather than a Dam.

I've really warmed to Flintoff, I just think that he doesn't suffer from, or actually enjoys fear!

• 3 weeks later...

H'acktually that is Old new new new new new Top Gear aka The Grand Tour and someone has already started a thread about it (not that you'd guess from the title)

This thread is strictly for NEW new new new new new Top Gear and is allowed to contain:

10% people saying it was OK tv and they quite like it

90% people saying how awful it is and they never watch stuff like that as it's a waste of their licence fee and wasn't it great when Quentin used to do real reviews yet somehow still watching it every week to give them something new to complain about. 

I believe the linked thread is the same ratio but with TGT.

2 minutes ago, Dave_Q said:

H'acktually that is Old new new new new new Top Gear aka The Grand Tour and someone has already started a thread about it (not that you'd guess from the title)

This thread is strictly for NEW new new new new new Top Gear and is allowed to contain:

10% people saying it was OK tv and they quite like it

90% people saying how awful it is and they never watch stuff like that as it's a waste of their licence fee and wasn't it great when Quentin used to do real reviews yet somehow still watching it every week to give them something new to complain about. 

I believe the linked thread is the same ratio but with TGT.

Ok then...

• 4 weeks later...
  • HMC changed the title to NEW New new new New top gear
  • 5 months later...

As a long time viewer, I'm not going to say that the trailers filled me with excitement. I'm in tonight, so I watched it, but I probably wouldn't have bothered with catch up if I'd been out.  The first section, racing cars didn't do a lot for me, it seemed to go on for too long and I was soon back to the laptop, but I've got to say that  the Eddie Kidd bit was good. I'm not the biggest fan of Paddy, but I thought that it was well done and felt like he genuinely was a fan. I've got a bit more hope for the rest of the series now!

• 1 month later...
  • HMC changed the title to NEW New new new New top gear Xmas BX content

Well I am in a good mood, for once they didn't actually destroy the cars, and the BX at least seems to still be taxed. I know Harris restored the R4 that got wrecked in Nepal, and I reckon he might have held onto this one for his own collection, which wouldn't be unprecedented for TG challenge cars (if you remember the Ibiza classic rally), and we know he is a fan of AS-worthy cars among other things. For once I can breathe a sigh of relief. Of course, I was considering buying that very car after selling the Rover, but decided the passion wasn't quite there yet for me. 

A TG fate is always unsettling, but this series has had quite a good track record of keeping the cars intact, comparatively, as mindless destruction doesn't seem to be a gag they're running anymore

As for the GT, that's another story

Still, this is a positive post, so I am not putting a downer on it

On 12/24/2021 at 10:28 PM, MorrisItalSLX said:

I haven’t seen the new Grand Tour special mentioned anywhere on the forum, I think it’s the best thing they’ve done in some time.

I switched it off. It was like a longer version of their awful Peugeot drivers bit, which was so painfully unfunny, it was the straw that broke the camels back and was the last top gear I watched until they changed presenters. 

I enjoyed the Christmas special. Challenges a bit silly but that's always been the way.

Harris seemed well chuffed with the BX, he's definitely a Citroen fan. It got my dad reminiscing too about the white one he bought new, not 4x4 sadly but I can still remember the plate H28 ELF, very festive.

Out of the three I'd have the Range Rover personally, though I do like the Citroen too. Never really understood the Ford fanboy thing.

3 hours ago, Ghosty said:

When? Six months ago that thing was on display in Beaulieu in a very sorry state. 

Can't be sure, but I have heard a few people say it on the grapevine, whether or nor not they were correct however, remains to be seen. However, looking at the website, it seems that was a temporary display in Feb, so probably after that I'd imagine

Harris seems to have some mechanical sympathy, I like to think he let's his cars "warm through" before he boots them.🤣

He didn't seem particularly amused at Paddy giving the xr3i full bore revs as soon as it was out the Xmas wrapping. Was it silver resprayed diamond white?

BX was lovely and glad it got through relatively unscathed. 

14 hours ago, Barry Cade said:

It looks like he's kept the Niva too!

The best bit of that segment was the cricket fan riding in the car with Flintoff, and not knowing who he was. Freddie looked a little crushed.

I did enjoy the Christmas special, it was good escapism.