New forum for moderns

daveb47

We now have a new forum for Moderns,under 10 years old

I was going to have this set as access only if requested,but it is lot of messing about so now open to all.

Hopefully we are adult enough for you to just not access it  if it offends you.

http://autoshite.com/forum/15-modern-shite/

I can see the benefit as it sort of hives off the 'almostshite' I.e. sub 10yr old cheap/obscure cars from the main board but doebst lose the knowledge/experience..

Some time about 2025 a mk4 Mondeo will be like a mk1/2 is currently.

May I suggest we pap the bangernomics style threads over too (like my 2004 £400 fabia one?)

What's the advantage of this then?

Ooh, let's take a wild guess - threads about old, shite cars will stay nearer the top of the main forum, because threads about modern cars will be somewhere else?

It will also be easier for people with zero interest in modern cars to avoid topics about them completely.

Good idea! Like it. Coz there are some nice moderns. It's just been on the radio that you can have a Maserati Ghibli diesel for "just" £479 per month... plus an initial rental of near enough 6 grand...

They described it as surprising. I agreed. But it might be for different reasons. I'm happy when others fork out tho, coz even modern Maserati are good looking things!

I can sort of see the sense in this but then I'm not so sure about it either.

To me autoshite was always more of a mindset - ie it was love for the unloved, forgotten automotive stuff. That applies equally to a five year old Proton Savvy as a pristine 1979 Allegro in my mind.  If it works then fair enough, I just hope it doesn't mean the 'main' board becomes a bangernomics board full of utter shit run on a budget of £0 rather than a cross section of interesting automotive stuff of all ages.

Good idea. Like one of the dad's at school. He has just got a 07 citroen grand picasso. 2.0 petrol with an electric handbrake and flappy paddle gearbox. We shall wait and see. But some lads want advice on moderns so it's nice to have a place to talk about them. Like a confessional in church. Other gods beliefs available.

Seems like a needless and arbitrary chopping in half of the car stuff to me, but whatevz. I guess facelift mk2 gooners go in the modern shite bit, but pre-facelifts stay in the main shite depth right?

Not quite! I think the newest facelift was early 2007.

Can we have a project tag to go with the For Sale/Wanted/etc too? It's been mentioned before and a bliming good idea imo. Especially most of our cars on here are pretty much on-going projects. Also shouldn't affect people as small enough change - I.e. cause people to moan about the change!

However it'd make finding interesting car threads easy enough.

Ooh, let's take a wild guess - threads about old, shite cars will stay nearer the top of the main forum, because threads about modern cars will be somewhere else?

It will also be easier for people with zero interest in modern cars to avoid topics about them completely.

Imho age does not define shite-ness. It's something else, something intangible, the chutzpah (*mandatory cliche) of not having an audi or bmw because the guy you work with does, not feeling obligated by the mainstream to paydown £299 a month on pcp, no canbus, being unfashionable because we can.

The very reason i bought a dacia, was it defined new-shite to me.

Defining Modernshite could be a bit of a laugh without getting all Pistonheads about it. The thread title says it all, so don't look in the forum if you don't want to.

Can I put this to the vote?

My wife has one of these, a Suzuki Alto.

Tiny 998cc 3 cylinder non-turbo pez shoebox engine, fold out rear door windows, no unnecessary tat inside, totally free road tax. Unfortunately only available with power steering.

Giffermatics available although ours is a manual.

img20170304_155411_zpshbco2fv9.jpg

img20170304_155509_zps7gioqs3u.jpg

Got to be in there as pure effortless modernshite.

In my mind it's the spiritual successor of these.

img20170304_161446_zps23catqoi.jpg

What happens in 1 year when my theoretical 9 year old shite has become interesting? As stated above, there's loads of 11 year old cars that seem thoroughly modern and loads of 1 year old cars that are pure shite. What makes a car shite is it being shite, not it's age.

What about my thread about comparing my 3 year old Vespa replica with my 15 year old Vespa?

Keep the simplicity I say and let's keep self policing when people start a needless thread that clogs everything up..

Can't it just be common sense?

Lagunas - shite at any age.

57 reg Golf - Modern.

If it's interesting, lob it on the main forum. If it's your 12 year old boring daily driver and you need a hand with an issue, probably modern. I reckon most people will get it without an arbitrary 10 year rule.