Breakdown/recovery service recommendations

timolloyd

I'm with Adrian Flux and I've got all the bells and whistles for £55. Home start, or whatever they call it, roadside stuff and  U.k and Europe wide recovery. Hope its good. Only had to call for help once in 7 years coz of a broken engine mount.

Had an accelerator cable go twang while doing 85 in the fast lane of the m5. By the time the motorway blokeys turned up, about 10 mins. I had it temporally sorted enough to get it up to 40 on the hard shoulder with them following for a mile to the next junction, where I bodged it more to get home.

The motorway patrol bloke asked if I had called rescue, to which I had to reply " I'll be out of here before they get here mate".  He did look somewhat disbelieving, especially at my shonky 305.  Being right, I did feel a bit smug.

Just renewed again with Autoaid, just before i did i rechecked the terms and cos i has Landcruiser (4x4's not mentioned) and they weigh a fair bit wanted to be sure no problem, sent them an email and got an immediate response, all good for Landcruiser and they confirmed no age limit on car.

Haven't had to use them yet, hope this happy state continues.

• 5 months later...

Due to an administrative mistake by muggins some how I ended for a time with personal cover including Europe with both

kwikfit recovery and Start Rescue.

Start have a clever app and such, but kwikfit was about £70 for the top package. Both worth a look at renewal time.