"Autoshite High Mileage Club" - Memberships Available!

BorniteIdentity

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 10/27/2018 at 6:30 PM, rantingYoof said:

On the way back from Cannock earlier the LS400 ticked past a nice milestone...just 25k to the big 200.

post-19970-0-49844900-1540661374_thumb.jpg

I couldn't capture the moment properly because the weather went biblically shit on the way back, which, when combined with Saturday-50mph-M6-roadwork drivers made the trip back a little stressful.

14 months later and I'm clearly absolutely piling* the miles on...

646341087_MileageMilestone2.thumb.JPEG.fb99fd74276ed5bdb649860b8210e639.JPEG

On 3/1/2019 at 10:59 PM, SiC said:

Our '10 reg A4 ticked over to 179k last weekend.

Ticked over 189k today. Based on the current average and potential increase when we eventually move house (wife has longer distance commute), it's likely mid to late next year when it ticks over the 200k mark. Fair chance I won't be driving it though when it does it unfortunately. 

Currently everything is in fair working order apart from the suspension is pretty baggy nowadays. The clutch still judders on take off from first and has started doing it in second sometimes too. Once fully engaged it's fine. Audi told my parents that it was a clutch job to fix ...60k miles ago. 

• 4 weeks later...

Posting this here as the 2010 A4 ticked over to 190k at the weekend and it's useful reminder for me on its annual mileage. Unfortunately the wife used it, so didn't capture the 190k point.

20200105_084632.thumb.jpg.3ef905a964821101016640aa52bb929f.jpg

All modern diesels are fragile, shit and won't do high miles without a lot of expenditure. Can't do city driving in them without screwing up the DPF. Supermarket diesel shortens the life of the engine/DPF/injectors and fills the EGR up with soot. Yar-de-yar-de-yarrrr

It's all mostly bollocks in my book. At least has been on this A4.

~160k to 190k it's lived in Bristol and daily driven around 20mph and 30mph limits to get my wife to work. Quite happily regens during that journey. Even if it is stinking the place out as modern diesels do. 

So far since 5k miles (i.e. from when my parents owned it), the only thing that has been touched on the powertrain is the DPF differential pressure sensor (~£80), fuel rail pressure control valve (~£150), thermostat (~£60), gearbox output bearing, cambelt+pump and clutch+flywheel. Whole life it's run on wherever is the cheapest diesel available. Also at 150k it had the VAG emissions "fix" applied. 

I'd probably dig another high mileage A4 B8 TDi if it's going cheap. Maybe without the S-Line suspension though... Even if the S-Line seats are decent. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I’ve spent the last month with a Diesel Zafira outside as a loan car from my mate. I have to say I can see how they sold so many of them. This one is a Sporty one and with 150hp is easy to pilot. The seats are fine - nothing more nothing less (although the driver’s seat squeaks and its doing my head in)

They are supremely practical, cheap (you can see why inside) but excellent VFM. Most of them seem to get thrown away after 12 years of crayons on the roof lining and wagon wheels smeared into the upholstery as nobody will buy them. It’s great to see one going the distance!

2 hours ago, SiC said:

Impressive someone manages to do that mileage in a Vauxhall without needing corrective surgery on their back.

Auto too. Had regular ATF changes?

To be honest my back is pretty fucked, more to do with being a fat lazy sod though! I find it really comfy, I reckon the seats have been molded over the miles to snugly support my ample arse, I do like a slightly raised driving position it feels like I throw myself to the floor when I get in our Vectra. Watching a fat fucker grab hold of the roof to hoist themselves out of a car is never a good look!

First ATF change at 100k then every 50k since. Can't change it all cos of torque converter and radiator, holds 7 litres can get 3 litres out just removing the sump bolt then another litre comes out if I jack the gearbox up a bit, so 4 fresh litres every 50k seems to keep it going alright.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/21/2017 at 8:20 PM, BorniteIdentity said:

Unless I've missed a thread, we're devoid of a place for obligatory speedometer photos featuring nice round, high numbers.

Seeing as my trusty Avensis ticked over 200,000 miles today - let's see some current and past 'High Milers'.

We could get a limited run of badges/stickers done too if there's any interest? Bronze for 200k, Silver for 300k and Gold for the big Five Oh Oh.

Here's my plucky 1999 Avensis SR in Tuscany Plum(!)

post-19618-0-67901400-1487708218_thumb.jpgpost-19618-0-19947800-1487708252_thumb.jpgpost-19618-0-48918500-1487708393_thumb.png

MY 2cv has done 259k

• 5 weeks later...