"Autoshite High Mileage Club" - Memberships Available!

BorniteIdentity

Not only that,but I'd driven Mrs_N's Streetka over the 100K mark 15 minutes earlier as well.

Did they put a 5 digit counter in the StreetKa like the other Ka's? Must be one of the last cars that only had 5 digits.

What a day.

What. A. Day.

Those 206’s are supposed to be very very frugal on derv amirite?

Very. 60mpg easy, 70 if you hypermile a bit on this particular car.

Admittedly a good 80% of this car's life is spent on the motorway at 50-60mph - which it is *ideally* set up for. Driving in town all the time would get a bit frustrating as the gearing is very tall for a sub-70bhp car and the gap between 2nd and 3rd is large.

The trouble with such high economy is that it spoils you for virtually anything else. Mrs_N recently treated me to a Cherokee 2.5CRD (Did I mention I love Mrs_N?) and I drove it to work for a couple of days thinking "Where's all the fuel gone? I need to stop *again*?" then working out I was doing 30mpg - really good for an older Jeep in a bit of traffic but fuel-soaking by the standards I'm used to.

Mrs_N was impressed that the Streetka actually showed "100000" on the display - being used to older fords she was expecting a reset to "00000" even though it's a digital readout.

I still can't catch your Avensis though.....

EDIT: Looked like I answered SiC's question before I'd even read it  :-D

Highest mileage car I've had was my ball of fire 1500 diesel saxo when I was very early 20s.

3 door P plate in Venetian red. Bought on about 70k, I proceeded to rack her up to 110k ISH, in about a year just generally hooning and courting ladies. Then some inconsiderate cunt sponge smashed in to it and killed it.

I think the highest since then was my 508 GT at about 70k.

Actually I fucking lie, my 406 1800 petrol had nearly 90k on it when I sold it to my brother who ran it to 120k something.

The rattly Japanese drift coupe of doom is on a smidge under 21k.

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk

I don't have much on high mileage at all now; Council Estate is on about 155k, Carina will tick over 130k this weekend, Montego is on 92ish and the Stellar is on 86k.

Highest I had was my sadly missed 270k mile 406 2.1DT.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Had an Actros in for a 9 weekly inspection yesterday. 12 month old almost to the day with 213291km on it. Works out around 132000 miles. Broke it down to around 400 mile a day, every day since new. Epic.

When I worked at Garrett in Skem we used to ship a lorry load of turbos to Dagenham every day.

That's over 200 miles each way.

Still on our motorways it's got to be 12 hours of driving.

My KV6 powered long wheel base Rover 75 now has 170,000 miles on. That's 10k since November with 0 issues - pretty pleased with that.

attachicon.gif20190319_100535~2.jpg

This makes me happy.

While my ZS180 covered 35k miles in its first 12 months (from March 2005), it's only now ticked over 127k after some five years off the road and back as a  daily driver - a mere pup by the standard set in this thread. If I'm honest, I'm not sure it will survive to its next MOT never mind its third set of new cam belt(s) - which is fun* to do.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...