"Autoshite High Mileage Club" - Memberships Available!

BorniteIdentity

My little Fiesta has topped 130k. Not huge in the grand scheme of things but the rust hasn’t killed it just yet (despite living near the seaside for 15 years) and my g/friend never takes her cars past 3k revs so I think it’s done well.

I used to have a Fiesta 1.25 that I'd had from new and when I baled it was 12 years old and had 173000 miles on the clock. I'm sure it would have made 200k but sadly was going to cost too much to get through the MOT

My latest purchase to keep me on the road until I can find a cheap lift pump to replace my leaking one, 2006 Octavia tdi dsg, wcpgw (€300 so dont mind with 3 months test and tax worth at least that, flywheel a little rattly but not bad and drives literally as a 100k one)

Has now been appropriated by my wife; which means fixing my car has become urgent or I'll be travelling mainly on foot

post-20443-0-74160000-1541585324_thumb.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

Unless I've missed a thread, we're devoid of a place for obligatory speedometer photos featuring nice round, high numbers.

Seeing as my trusty Avensis ticked over 200,000 miles today - let's see some current and past 'High Milers'.

We could get a limited run of badges/stickers done too if there's any interest? Bronze for 200k, Silver for 300k and Gold for the big Five Oh Oh.

Here's my plucky 1999 Avensis SR in Tuscany Plum(!)

attachicon.gif2013-06-22 08.47.00.jpgattachicon.gif20170221_134141.jpgattachicon.gifScreenshot_20170221-201930.png

Apologies for the self quote, but a couple of landmarks yesterday.

238,855 was achieved yesterday morning halfway between Newark-on-Trent and Worksop.  Now, for the first time ever, I have a car with "Lunar Mileage"  Then, on the way home from Newcassell we ticked over 239,000.  

No pics as it was darker than a dark thing.

My latest purchase to keep me on the road until I can find a cheap lift pump to replace my leaking one, 2006 Octavia tdi dsg, wcpgw (€300 so dont mind with 3 months test and tax worth at least that, flywheel a little rattly but not bad and drives literally as a 100k one)

Have done 5000km in this and it still plods on; Volvo back today and this has to go; advertised it all week for €300 and not a call, offered it yesterday for scrap money €120, no takers, so it's the bridge this afternoon for it

No longer in my possession, sadly, but both still going strong are the two Audi's I owned. A 1994 80 TDi estate, I sold that on with 240k on the clock and it still drove like new and returned over 50mpg even if you drove like a complete loon. I also sold on a 1997 A4 TDi estate (essentially the same engine) with over 290k on the clock - again it was fine.  That VAG diesel engine, the 1Z and its various derivatives, is a seriously good engine to rival the diesel Mercs of the 70's and 80's in terms of longevity. 

Not sure if anyone saw this, the presenter is an irritating cock womble bumbleboob but its interesting to see the value of regular servicing:

The local garage to me at work proudly have an N reg Peugeot 405 Turbo Diesel estate in each year which now has over 500k on it. I've regularly heard of these things easily getting over 300k if regularly serviced. If I had to have one car for the rest of my life, it would be a diesel Peugeot!