"Autoshite High Mileage Club" - Memberships Available!

BorniteIdentity

If I carry on this way I'll be eligible for this soon. I picked up the C15 van at the end of December, two months later I have stuck nearly 4000 miles on it; mostly back and forth to my sister's, either loaded with junk for tip runs or bringing it home. It's costing me loads in diesel, but about a third of the cost of doing the same trips in the Land Rover

• 7 months later...

Disappointing to see how many of the cars on here have been photoFUCKEDit by Photobucket.

The plucky Avensis is still soldiering on at 215,000. It’s enjoying brief respite as, finally, something is broken. The indicator has been used so frequently that it’s worn out on the left. I’m not dead keen on taking off an airbag loaded wheel, but mingebag means I’ll probably attempt it in the next week or so.

This car reminds me why I do it. I’ve nothing to prove to anyone, and just need a car that quietly and confidently does what it needs to do. I imagine the previous owner enjoyed being able to travel completely incognito, always assured his destination would be met.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/192329126809

Omega is now showing 185,300 I bought it on 29th Sept 2016

It will soon need a cam belt and another oil change. I may be forced to tell insurer that 20K a year is an underestimate. Will they ream me ?

MOT history

Date tested 30 September 2017 Pass
Mileage 184,525 miles
MOT test number 5225 2757 8847
Test location
L37 8DL
Expiry date 29 September 2018
Advisory notice item(s)
  • Nearside Front Outer Track rod end ball joint has slight play (2.2.B.1f)

Advisory items are provided for advice. For some of these, if they became more serious, your vehicle may no longer be roadworthy and could require immediate attention.

Date tested 27 September 2016 Pass
Mileage 161,739 miles
MOT test number 3718 5187 6853
Test location
CA1 2EA
Expiry date 26 September 2017
Advisory notice item(s)
  • Offside Rear brake disc worn, pitted or scored, but not seriously weakened (3.5.1i)
  • Nearside Rear brake disc worn, pitted or scored, but not seriously weakened (3.5.1i)
  • Oil leak

cb500 is 3 years old and done 30k

bought april last year with 18k on it - fairly high for a bike - snotter ntv 650 had 110000k on it when bought and had it 3 months and did 3k on it

works connect bought 2.5 weeks ago had 80 miles on it - it wasnt used for a week as had big shit to move so 15 plate hi roof transit used - in 18 months is on 36000 :D

as of this evening its already on 1750 :D

had bike 18 months now - now on 42300

way its being used atm another 3 years itll be on 100k :D

My dad's 1990 pinto sierra was 235,000 when it was finally taken by rust i know of a mk1 estate that is 300,000 and still going

My uncle had a mk4 Cortina estate 2.0GL that had well over 200k miles on it. He'd had it from nearly new and used to change the oil very regularly so it kept its original engine until the end.

Eventually rust got it so he sold it to some gypsies cheap. A few weeks later it's heavily stripped remains were seen left in the middle of a field they'd been camping in!

Disappointing to see how many of the cars on here have been photoFUCKEDit by Photobucket.

The plucky Avensis is still soldiering on at 215,000. It’s enjoying brief respite as, finally, something is broken. The indicator has been used so frequently that it’s worn out on the left. I’m not dead keen on taking off an airbag loaded wheel, but mingebag means I’ll probably attempt it in the next week or so.

This car reminds me why I do it. I’ve nothing to prove to anyone, and just need a car that quietly and confidently does what it needs to do. I imagine the previous owner enjoyed being able to travel completely incognito, always assured his destination would be met.

You sure you need to take the wheel off? Can often remove stalks without - just need to take the column trim off usually.

Never done it on a Toyota tho

Even then it’s easy - disconnect the battery and leave it for a bit before fucking about and you’ll be fine.

You sure you need to take the wheel off? Can often remove stalks without - just need to take the column trim off usually.

Never done it on a Toyota tho

Even then it’s easy - disconnect the battery and leave it for a bit before fucking about and you’ll be fine.

Yes, sadly so.  I had all the cowling off the other day to discover that it's still attached.  Quick Youtube video shows that it has to come all the way off.  Knowing my luck I'll get the wheel off fine, then i'll drop it on the drive - detonating it anyway.

Make sure the wheel is straight before you start then, or you'll never get it back in the right place to be straight again.

I tend to use a dab of paint on the thread/wheel interface to help realign them. You do this inside so you can't see it when finished.

My ex traffic police V8 Discovery  

post-7629-0-74423800-1507748413_thumb.jpg

Here it is in happier times

post-7629-0-51920700-1507748806_thumb.jpg

The chassis and mechanicals were solid, sadly the body was fucked. Not helped by me learning my off road skills in it. Sold it to a boy who was going to use the parts for his defender so parts of it lived on.

Make sure the wheel is straight before you start then, or you'll never get it back in the right place to be straight again.

I tend to use a dab of paint on the thread/wheel interface to help realign them. You do this inside so you can't see it when finished.

Top advice.  When I watched all of the youtube vid, rather than just the bit I need, he marked a line across with a sharpie.  I'mma do that.  Thanks muchly.

The ex-fatha_AD Rover 600 clicked onto 137,000 miles on my way to work this morning. These 90s Japanese saloons really are bulletproof. It does need a radiator though, I'm constantly topping it up!

My three Austins with five digit odos are at 183k (A55) 170k ish (A35, odo stopped working 20 years ago at 150,492 miles) and 179k on the A40. The Royale is a whippersnapper at 105k.

My uncle had a mk4 Cortina estate 2.0GL that had well over 200k miles on it. He'd had it from nearly new and used to change the oil very regularly so it kept its original engine until the end.

Eventually rust got it so he sold it to some gypsies cheap. A few weeks later it's heavily stripped remains were seen left in the middle of a field they'd been camping in!

He had the sierra from 4 years old and 30 odd thousand miles, he used to service it very regularly 10/40 was his oil of choice in all his pintos and in its life the only big engine work it had was hardened valve seats to future proof it for unleaded

My £160 mondeo mk3 has 198k on it. For a small 1.8 petrol hauling the weighty estate body I think that's very good going. Has a tow bar and roof rails and looks like it's been a workhorse. Slightly sticky first and second gear synchros when cold but it's generally worn really well, the interior especially. I'm no stranger to high milers (ran a 366k w124 a few years back) but for what it is this leggy ford has impressed as it drives spot on.

It also seems to have dodged the bullets of worn piston rings and ingesting the intake manifold swirl flaps too (touch wood- I'm whipping off the intake manifold this weekend to see if they're hanging in there or have already been binned)

shouldn't need to take wheel off- i didn't when i upgraded to newer stalks on the 2007 civic spaceship

*edit just seen other replies after i wroted this