Shite wedding vehicle (Warning - Bedford Rascal content)

Mr Bump

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-38956759

a great way to remember your dear old dad is to go to your wedding in a similar vehicle - in this case a Bedford Rascal. Wonder if a Supercarry would have been acceptable?

Love the way they put out a "secret" request on BBC Radio Bristol. Clearly no one listens so lucky to get the van

My wedding day vehicle was a filthy Mondeo Edge, the current shape's predecesor.

What shite took you to the church on time?

Bump

To: Best Man Dave's Nissan Micra.

From: 1981 Cadillac limo.  The car was owned by a collector friend (who has since died) and was a last-minute substitution for our original choice, his 1963 Imperial, which unfortunately suffered faulty brakes.

I managed to blag three Series 3 Jags for my wedding , they were the spare pool cars from work. The XJ40s that had replaced them were so unreliable the transport manager kept them as back ups .

I arrived in B593NLL a dark blue 4.2, my brother drove our grandparents in C365RPL a dark blue 3.4 , my beautiful Bride and her Fuckwit dad arrived in C380 SPK a metallic pinky red 3.4.

I hadn't thought about getting the 4.2 back to the reception, so my youngest brother who was 17 and only passed his test the week before was entrusted with it rather than let my Father-in -law near it.

Rolls Royce silver spirit. One and only time I've been in a Rolls and one of the highlights of the day for me. Yes it was expensive (£200 back then for 1/2 day, 15 miles tops) but I reckoned I'd never be in one again. Reports of a £1000 Rolls being collected on this very forum has changed that outlook somewhat.

When we hired it (2004) it was definitely on the cusp of being shite, I think it was a Mk2 or 3 at the most and I think it's successor (the Silver Seraph) had even been discontinued for 2 years at that point. So it's definitely shite.

Parents had a Silver Shadow at theirs in the same colour scheme so it was a nice touch. They've since divorced though, hopefully not a bad omen.....

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

I took an old mate to his wedding in my capri after his best man who is also his brother failed to organise him a car so i put ribbons on and turned up to collect him as a surprise

DSCF0858_zps4b794373.jpg

I was shocked at how much attention it got

When i tie the knot with mrs fp there is only one car that i will go in, my mk1 sierra

My ex BIL asked me to provide a wedding car so I hired a Rover 825 in silver. Then drove from Inverness to deepest Englanshire for the wedding.

My father provided the bridesmaid car - a year old Renault 21TS in red.

My first wedding I hired a Silver Shadow and on tick over the oil light was on. The driver told ime it was "normal".

For my last wedding it was an Austin 18 as a wedding car. The front passenger door flew open on leaving the registry office and had to be secured by temporary means.

For my first wedding my boss suggested I might not want to use the Renault 4 van that I had as a company vehicle.  Dunno why, we had done everything else in it....Anyway he kindly lent me his Fiat 131 twincam which promptly refused to fire up on the big day and had to be tow-started, leaving me to turn up as hot and sweaty as if I had shagged both bridesmaids.    Mrs Rocker Mk1 arrived in my grandfather's 1981 Accord (it was suitably white).   We split up in 1990 - a year after the Fiat breathed its last and the Accord managed to outlast us by 4 years.   Should have married that.

My last wedding, to the current Mrs Rocker was much more organised, mainly because we were already living together.    I drove the Minor to the registry office and her son conveyed her in our W124.   It was the 3rd of September and on the way to the reception the Minor odometer clicked over to 30009 - wife is still convinced I fiddled with it!   

Cannock being as it was a quarter-century ago, the marriage of "the Scottish doctor's daughter" to some Welsh wastrel demanded the use of a local taxi company's rather tired chrome-bumper Shadow, which may or may not have left Crewe in that particular shade of white.  I suspect not.

I set the tone for the ongoing relationship with my father-in-law by whisking* my lovely bride away from the reception in the Dyane, which only took three attempts to start...