Shitefest 2017... is it happening?

cms206

Take part in Shitefest shit heap challenge.

Participants all put in a defined amount - say £5. A number is drawn at random and then that lucky winner takes all the cash and buys the most interesting car before close of play Saturday

Facebooked bubble car place. But would prefer Bub to sort it out :-)

This sounds a good idea. Beko I know where you live too remember..... And I work at argos

I still like the idea of a visit to the bubble car place, maybe a smaller gathering could just go there on a separate date?

The only issue I can see with that is if their not going to respond to inquiries until June or something, that sounds like it will be too late for some people to book holiday. At least if we say An Field in Derbyshire people can book a date and we just make that work.

I'm fairly easy as I'm a wimpy office boy so have less strict rules and will only need a few weeks notice, although will book it asap just to be sure.

Now you're talking, I'd be up for that.

Me too, I'd have probably the easiest journey there. Drive 2 miles, get on ferry. Piss about for 12 hours. Arrive in Shetland. :D

Admittedly, it would be far more fun to drive to Thurso and get the ferry from there.

You say that, but everyone else will be regaling each other with heroic stories of duct-taped suspension components, substitution of pistons for old bits of wood, and generally getting moist at the sight of a rusty Vauxhall Calibra (8v for added dullness) with non-functioning lights, all the while arguing over whose car is the biggest disaster, and I'll be there with my modern daily trying to hide at the back. 

I suppose I could turn up in the Honda Jazz as a sort of half-arsed attempt at fitting in.

you are AnthonyG and youve bought a new car?? :D

The only issue I can see with that is if their not going to respond to inquiries until June or something, that sounds like it will be too late for some people to book holiday. At least if we say An Field in Derbyshire people can book a date and we just make that work.

I'm fairly easy as I'm a wimpy office boy so have less strict rules and will only need a few weeks notice, although will book it asap just to be sure.

Maybe just a day visit then?

Saturday afternoon - 3PM.  Everyone's at home either listening to BBC 5live or watching that dreadful bloke from Countdown on Sky Sports News.

First team to score anywhere in the football league - THAT'S where we're going.

Arrive by 7pm for dogging in a public car park.

Football?  I'm oot.

Derby might be on as a day-visit, after all it's where Huggy came from so he should make it there and back :)  Just done Portsmouth and back though, that kind of fuel expense is going to take some getting-over.

I think I'm the only active forum member in the north, if you dismiss Aberdeen as too far south (I do)

I'm north of Aberdeen and will continue to be until April!

I've put off Englandshire based car meets for years on the basis I can never afford the fuel to drive to them although I will hopefully be moving to Glasgow in the next 6 weeks with a shagged Triumph as my sole form of transport. Given that me driving from here to Glasgow is the same distance as driving from Glasgow to Leeds I should actually be able to manage Derby once I move! Assuming at the time I have money (probably won't), free time (probably won't) and a working car (probably won't).

I think we should start thinking about dates so when bub is enquiring about sites for us he knows when we are planning. We can always have a rethink if we are offered a great site but they can't do our preferred date.

June is a very busy month for shows so the sooner it goes in everyone's diary the better.

I already have events pencilled in for every weekend in June but at the moment I am only committed to one 10/11 June.