Shitefest 2017... is it happening?

cms206

The Bubble car museum i can do but Scotland would be too far for the cars that I've got.

Pfft! Oh come on. Scotland turns up at these things in everything from a Suzuki Alto to a ruddy great double-decker bus. No excuses! Time and money are fair enough though. 

We have this conversation everytime! Whilst i agree that doing it in a Alto was bloody hardcore i really couldn't do it in my Rover or Dolly, according to Google its nearly 8 hours or 440 miles to Scotland from here (which is just over 100 more miles more than Scotland to Devils Bridge).

We'll see how things go.

We have this conversation everytime! Whilst i agree that doing it in a Alto was bloody hardcore i really couldn't do it in my Rover or Dolly, according to Google its nearly 8 hours or 440 miles to Scotland from here (which is just over 100 more miles more than Scotland to Devils Bridge).

We'll see how things go.

dont think itll be scotland - lincs is too far tho innit :P

I've just offended people on the ccc forum by moaning about the national rally being in the East Midlands for a record year on the run. I've not much against Lincolnshire, but after a few decades of car meetings it gets a bit samey.

It is the eternal problem you can't please all the people all the time. Wherever we go it will not suit some, but anybody who bothers to organise deserves to be supported as much as possible.

We'll see how things go.

Aye, people could only drive for 7 hours or 385 miles in the 70s.

If it's really an issue, why not come up in the Fiesta?

I'd like it to be a reasonable distance away to give an excuse for a road trip. I'd also like to make it there without fuel starvation problems and the consequent 7 hour drive at 35 mph, which was somewhat stressful!

I don't mind anywhere really, and if we're stuck then I don't mind organising one in Llangollen again.

Aye, people could only drive for 7 hours or 385 miles in the 70s.

If it's really an issue, why not come up in the Fiesta?

A: in the 70s it was a new car, it's now over 40 years old, don't forget i drove to Wales in my Cortina so that's not really an excuse.

B: If I'm doing a road trip to Shitefest then I'm wanting to do it in something better that a 12 year old Fiesta.

We'll see how things go.

I have you beaten.

post-5277-0-27084700-1487056064_thumb.png

Yes, which i had restored and fitted a 5 speed box too. Stop being a pedantic arse.

I don't think it's solely aimed at you it just seems to be the most common reply on all threads which gets a bit tedious.

Oh and the colt is only a four speed but coped with the long run when I collected it 😉 uncomfortable mind.