Barge Buyage.

Uncle Jimmy

Guest Breadvan72
Guest Breadvan72

Also, don't rule out a Jaguar X Type.  I have one of these with a three litre V6, and like it.  Mine has OK sills, and the cars benefit from cheapish parts.  The drawback is that well looked after ones still cost a bit.

Also, don't rule out a Jaguar X Type.  I have one of these with a three litre V6, and like it.  Mine has OK sills, and the cars benefit from cheapish parts.  The drawback is that well looked after ones still cost a bit.

Or in a similar vein, there are lots of Mk3 Mondeo V6s about. Ok, they're only 2.5s and not 3.0s but that should still be enough, surely?

You need one of these:

$_20.jpg

http://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/details.html?id=239228309&isSearchRequest=true&scopeId=C&doorCount=FOUR_OR_FIVE&damageUnrepaired=NO_DAMAGE_UNREPAIRED&fuels=PETROL&makeModelVariant1.makeId=17700&makeModelVariant1.modelId=19&pageNumber=1

V6 3000 or even 3500, very comfortable with 3 suspension-settings (Soft, Medium, Hard), velour-seats (7 of them), RWD with added 4WD-bonus,

parts are plentiful and it´s very reliable. Just watch out for rust on the chassis. 

Just bought daughter a Lexus RX 300, bloody fantastic car so far, all the toys, usually totally reliable as lexus are, heavy on the juice but worth it in other ways :-D

Also stupidly cheap for the money and compared to the competition 8)

oh dear, just spotted the 4x4 bit :-P  - well, if you change your mind :-D

I'm keeping an eye on this thread, as I'm considering something about 2.0-3.0 litre-ish and manual gearboxed for my next car.

I still need to pull my finger out and make an effort to shift the Xantia first. Go buy some more roffle tickets in my thread!