Ditching old car tyres, HOW??

Lankytim

Hi all.

I've ended up with about 20 knackered tyres to get rid of. I was putting them in the wheelie bin one at a time but it involves folding the tyre in half and taping it so it doesn't get stuck in the wheelie bin, ( I got busted the once and was left a note, NO TIRES M8)

Any ideas? I'm considering fly tipping them on one of the cycle routes Cavcraft uses as I think he'll tidy them up and bin them for me.

Ideas??

Any ideas? I'm considering fly tipping them on one of the cycle routes Cavcraft uses as I think he'll tidy them up and bin them for me use them.

Ideas??

FTFY.

Tried phoning the council? Our local tip takes 4 tyres per household per year, free of charge.

Depending on where you are your local tip may take them FOC, ours doesn't anymore they charge £5 a tyre.

Oddly enough there has been a massive increase in the amount fly tipped with the resulting fires and bills to the council.

The skip firm we use takes tyres ok though.

I've known people cut them up (messy and awkward) and bin or burn them.

You could make a pyre under your local speed camera? Bonfire night is coming up soon judging by the amount if fireworks still going off

I know my local tyre centre well and they do all cash jobs for me.  They have a contract for disposal for the tyres but it doesn't cost them per tyre, so they take any for me.

If you can find one like that, they'll probably take them for a very small amount of cash and dispose of them.

Take some household rubbish to your local council tip. Suss out where the tyre bin is.

Next trip take 2 tyres and some household rubbish, park near the tyre skip.

When no ones looking ditch the tyres. if they are looking ditch the rubbish first.

Repeat until all gone.

They let you dump 2 at ours no problem, but if they notice you are doing it regular they pull you.

They do have APNR, try to space your visits out.

Good ideas here, I did make a Loch Ness monster out of a couple but I've never known anything like old tyres to kill cutting discs. I think I got through 5 or 6 plasma discs slicing these bastards up!

I do know that my local tip don't take tyres, I'll google to see if any round here do.

post-388-0-27650800-1485775208_thumb.jpg

Anywhere near anything to do with boats? Boat people like them as cut-price fenders and would probably take them off your hands.

Slightly left-field option, are you near any animal shelters or 'Activity Farms' that show people what farm animals are really like? Chickens, ducks, geese, goats and myriad other animals love old tyres to make into dust baths or to play on - might be worth giving one a call and saying you have a bunch of old tyres and would they like them for the animals to use? I got rid of 2 knackered old tyres to my local animal shelter after they put up a facebook post asking for toys for their chickens to use, as the chickens have to be kept inside due to the bird flu problem coming over from the continent, so the poor animals are cooped up all day. 2 tyres and a bag of sand and apparently the chickens love it. the shelter now want more of them because the chickens now fight over the two I gave them!

When I had about 8 tyres to get rid of, Mrs_WoC put 'em on Freecycle. Ended up delivering them to a single mum who was going to use them as planters to cheer up the bomb-site back garden of her 'new' council house. She was well chuffed.

Coventry tip does take tyres though. Not sure if there's a limit but they have an incinerator so they basically don't give a shit what you chuck away so long as they can burn it.

Chuck them all in the back of the LDV, accidentally* forget to close the rear doors, then accelerate really hard from a standing st... oh, wait.

Or load them up and leave the side loading door open, corner at 5 mph and the body roll will just tip them out the side....oh, wait.