Navigation Rallies - shite cars going the speed limit!

The Moog

Here are my pics and video from last weekend. A bit late I know but this is first time I've been near internet and sober at the same time since then.
I only took a few pictures from a couple of locations, so very much nowt special.

A couple of the perky Puma being battered round the course by Der_Moog.

post-13750-0-85285800-1503743768_thumb.jpg

post-13750-0-32714200-1503743862_thumb.jpg

Our lass giving it some baked beans. What she lacked in finesse she more than made up for in gusto, tyre wear and non-stop giggling.

post-13750-0-02873700-1503743926_thumb.jpg

Spartacus and the Golf. I think it was just a bit too wide for the course (that was the excuse we settled on, right Giles?).

post-13750-0-45876000-1503743999_thumb.jpg

post-13750-0-69810900-1503744065_thumb.jpg

Njgleeds and the auto Eunos. It was an auto. Slow to get off the line. Because it was auto. Times suffered because of the automatic gearbox. I don't think Neil mentioned that it had an auto box. Which slowed his times down.

post-13750-0-85631900-1503744114_thumb.jpg

An onboard video of me pootling round the course.

https://youtu.be/82S9mjVCT4g

And some other stuff.

This guy spent his runs looking like he was tickling an angry tiger. Lots of furious power.

post-13750-0-01721000-1503744263_thumb.jpg

Whereas the Saab looked more like an attempt to thread a needle with a slab of square sausage.

post-13750-0-84599800-1503744312_thumb.jpg

The Proton was fast and noisy in equal measure.

post-13750-0-20410400-1503744371_thumb.jpg

And the SS1 with twin carb 2.0 Zetec was fast, noisy and pissing oil out of some technical orifice or other. They sorted the leak and decided to keep running it 'til it blew up, as they had another engine for it anyway.

post-13750-0-66695800-1503744413_thumb.jpg

All in all, I had a grand time. The girlfriend also had a grand time, so much so that she has subsequently decided she needs a second car for motorsporting. Hopefully one or both of us will get up for the next event in September, although I'm still not going to ride shotgun with anyone.

• 3 weeks later...

We are at the classic car show today.

It is just the Puma and the Eunos.

I have added a new AS dealer sticker for extra bhp. It will be removed during Bucketeers runs as he doesn't need the help.

Also increased the tyre pressures a bit as that is supposed to help the sidewalls

Are automatics slower off the line, then? Oh, never realised.... ;-)

Three words ... Torque Converter Stalling.

I'm not responsible for the mechanical abuse if you're sat on the line doing that before the timer starts. ;)

Actually more useful for turbo'd cars as you can be on the boost with the turbo spinning when you set off.

We are at the classic car show today.

It is just the Puma and the Eunos.

I have added a new AS dealer sticker for extra bhp. It will be removed during Bucketeers runs as he doesn't need the help.

Also increased the tyre pressures a bit as that is supposed to help the sidewalls

Were you the ones giving the passenger rides??

Me, my wife & mother in law were at the classic car show yesterday & my wife had a passenger rally drive in the purple micra with a girl driver with seat bucket & 5 point harness... ( You go round track 3 times for tenner) the driver, she was good....

Then, they asked my wife if she'd like to go round again (no charge) think they were short of passengers & the drivers needed to get some laps in as they were timed. The wife, then, went in another car (red micra) with just normal seat & seatbelt. The male driver, on 2nd & 3rd lap lost it going round tight figure 8 & I thought the car was gonna turn over but he saved it, crazy... Wife was laughing hilariously, she loved it. My opinion is she's crazy, the more dangerous the better for her. She drives her little Abarth 595 crazy. Proper girl racer. Oh yeah, forgot to say, mother in law had a go too. Like mother, like daughter!

I prefer green landing :-))

Me, my wife & mother in law were at the classic car show yesterday & my wife had a passenger rally drive in the purple micra with a girl driver with seat bucket & 5 point harness... ( You go round track 3 times for tenner) the driver, she was good....

Then, they asked my wife if she'd like to go round again (no charge) think they were short of passengers & the drivers needed to get some laps in as they were timed. The wife, then, went in another car (red micra) with just normal seat & seatbelt. The male driver, on 2nd & 3rd lap lost it going round tight figure 8 & I thought the car was gonna turn over but he saved it, crazy... Wife was laughing hilariously, she loved it. My opinion is she's crazy, the more dangerous the better for her. She drives her little Abarth 595 crazy. Proper girl racer. Oh yeah, forgot to say, mother in law had a go too. Like mother, like daughter!

Did you not go for a run in the Group B cars?

It's an absolute hoot.

Hazel is the driver you had first. She is pretty quick.

If they liked it they should come along an drive. That's even better :-).

We have pleasure of seeing group B up close after each session.

ff143cfe5ac2b146f486186c17b13a45.jpgaa383bea846b9e9c905263d1d84360e8.jpga85f7aaf1127308cb87824246d8d4157.jpg

Results published today for anyone who may be interested

a3516c2bae4d01c80b2500e1aacb10e4.jpgb8b6da8f5118c5736d978b7b75b7efa9.jpg

The next Blackburn services one is 2 & 3rd December. Can't recommend it enough.

I am slowly probably going to be at the Neil Howard Memorial show doing passenger rides at Oulton Park on 4th November.

• 1 month later...