XJ6 4.0 Sovereign - any update since I sold it?

Cheezey

Yea -I find however cheap it is...someone wants it cheaper. I'spose texting/messaging is so easy these days people can just faff about. A neighbour of mine who is in the trade recommends Gumtree and use a cheap pay as you go mobile to filter calls and put no texts in the ad. Or an Ebay classified. But I've virtually given up on selling my cars - I just put them in my barn.

I still want this,

I still have nowhere for it.
I still have no spare money.

Let's see if it's still about when I finally get my new house bought (bloody ex holding things up).

I sold my 940 recently with Gumtree. I had a lot of replies that were just numbers less than half of the advertised price. It took almost two weeks for someone to even think of coming to look at it, when he did he handed over the full price and drove off happy.

Just take your time and someone will eventually turn up to look at it.

Yeah I'm in no hurry. I've got space for it and not in dire straights needing the cash.

Just off the phone from a chap who is interested in bank transferring cash and having it picked up. I told him about the gearbox etc and said I'd rather he saw it. Even suggested he gives the bloke collecting it the cash and have him test drive it. Explained that I'm anxious that once delivered to him he might think I've misdescribed it or something and not be happy with. He said he'll phone me back.

Hooli, I'm hoping you get stuff sorted soon. You know everything about the car from this thread and won't be a bellend when it comes to buying.

On a plus I managed to get my MX5 running properly this morning. Not without a wake up from an HT lead when trying to work out which cylinder wasn't firing.

Cheezey, the only thing I can't remember seeing in this thread is does the aircon work? I've got used to it in my Saab so require* it in all future cars.

I agree with Rustbucket it's probably gearbox electrics, so must be fixable. However I was due to buy in June & my ex is still making it impossible so don't hold back for my sake.

I'm going to say no on the aircon. I've turned it on once or twice and can't say I noticed much difference. I've done zero investigating as to whether it just needs a regas. I tend to just open the sunroof and or back windows.

I know what you mean though. I've only had aircon in the last couple of years in cars and it's very easy to get accustomed to.

Best of luck with your uncoupling.

...this seems a bit elaborate for an old car and fraught with misunderstanding but if its a trader it may be ok - people are more realistic - I've paid for very cheap cars sight unseen  but have usually gone to collect myself and at £200 its always been an adventure,  dusk, rain falling, getting in an old car and driving off...Just off the phone from a chap who is interested in bank transferring cash and having it picked up.

• 2 years later...