Scrapyard spots thread. Got any to share?

Mr A Lawrence

A thread where, if you spot something that would be of interest to people on here that you've found in scrapyards you can post it.

Hunting round for Jaguars in Jacksons car spares, ewloe, north wales I spotted a Citroen BX that lookers largely intact so could provide useful spares for people on here.

Im not that keen on crawling into cars that have stuff on the roof. I saw a someone taking the prop out of a Transit a bit back, it was held in the air by an assortment of bricks. Staring death in the face while you hammer away thinking this propshaft could be mine for £55.

That's the whole point!

I found this sad looking SD1 2400 diesel in a scrapyard about 5 years ago - last time I got in to it around about 2003 the yard was a proper old-school wooded area, well overgrown, half-abandoned and crammed with chod stacked 3 or 4 high.  A lot of the piles had collapsed as the ones at the bottom dissolved, I remember seeing a lot of very scarce, obscure old 70s tat in there, all long past redemption.

post-5492-0-67445700-1484080874_thumb.jpg

post-5492-0-42387000-1484080875_thumb.jpg

post-5492-0-08971900-1484080876_thumb.jpg

The site was cleared several years ago for a housing development, I went and had a look before the building started and everything was gone bar this one car off to one side.  I asked on a Rover forum at the time asking if anyone wanted parts, if there was then I was planning to ask if the developer was OK with me taking bits off it - the wheels, bumpers and some trim looked saveable - but no-one was interested and the general consensus was, at the time, that the SD1 diesel was rare for a good reason!  This one got scrapped in 1996, so it survived for a while but was long past saving.

Heres a Volvo 262c in a scrapyard located  in 'the midlands' in Ireland here; Engine fire condemned it, recently Im told;someone's already had its clocks/cluster.... odd to see one of these at all here; especially in a scrapyard, 'almost complete'...

Im hoping to bag its leather interior, but mate whos local to there, n snapped it;  isn't back home till next next week, to ask on a price on said interior... if its reasonably priced, I'll take the front n back seats n make a 3 piece suite out of it, as I sometimes convert car seats into home furniture for the discerning 'wallet heavy' car 'enthuastiast.... If the front back seats are too 'rich' for me, n anyone on here wants its location, I'll reveal all in a week or so...

post-18130-0-15430400-1484270064_thumb.jpg

Genuine turkey shite Barn find

Petrol mind- this one was saved

I go here every week with my old man the scrapman there's often something.

All the old bangers getting scrapped now are R reg to 54 plate usually.

I'm not the only one interested in that minty looking mk1 Mondeo in the background, am I?