Cavcraft 2017: Another day, ANOTHER Rover!

Cavcraft

so let me see if I've got this right, you have now taken to buying cars then syphoning the fuel with a washer pump motor before weighing them in,

Some of them weren't scrapped, but why give up all that lovely fuel? MachineMart came up trumps, the pump was about £32 or something, already more than paid for itself. 

Its only about 115hp more than the Vespa, I'm sure you'll be fine.

I think you and I are going to be having quite different journeys on two wheels now! Thanks for today, Dave, and was good to meet you. I'm insured now (as of midnight) so my first run out is going to be fun.

I think you and I are going to be having quite different journeys on two wheels now! Thanks for today, Dave, and was good to meet you. I'm insured now (as of midnight) so my first run out is going to be fun.

I've just been for a quick ride to the pez station (<1/2 mile), didn't fall off but did manage to nearly drop it when restarting after accidentally putting it in gear when stopped!

Just off to google "How to make Vespas faster"

Enjoy and stay safe.

Got this 'legal' today, so have been for my first blast. With David's very sensible 'treat it respect' caution, I set off like a 16 year old on an FSIE and was mega cautious with the clutch in 1st. I didn't go too mad, but whanging through the gears it was stupidly fast and I thought I'd got more gears to got than I actually did. I was really wooden on tight, slow corners as obvs. wasn't too sure of my own abilities, let alone the bike. From rolling stops it was fine, anything else I need more experience with the clutch in 1st, it seems really rev happy for a 4 stroke and didn't fancy having the front wheel in the air. On really tight turns (i.e walking pace and getting it into the garage or turning round) the fairing catches my hands, so maybe it can be adjusted? Grinning like the Cheshire cat now though.

firebladea.jpg

firebladeb.jpg

firebladec.jpg

On really tight turns (i.e walking pace and getting it into the garage or turning round) the fairing catches my hands, so maybe it can be adjusted? Grinning like the Cheshire cat now though.

You can rotate the clip-ons around the fork legs, but then you might start catching the tank instead...

Sorry if I'm teaching granny to suck eggs here but you know not to ride around sat bolt upright with your arms straight right? If you are, consciously drop your elbows and try to get your forearms reasonably horizontal, that should help you not to bash the fairing, and it greatly improves your control of the bike.

I don't think the fairing adjusts as its on that metal bracket attached to the top yoke.

I used to mainly ride round on the torque and change up at ,8-9krpm, but like you say it is rev happy and theres a real kick as you go above there. I used to give it full throttle in second and the front stayed down, but that was with my husky frame on it.

To get round corners fast I think you have to try and get your weight forward, head over the bars and just trust that the front will grip. I never fully got over TEH FEAR to be honest and cornering is an area I could definitely improve on, as the "chicken strips" on the tyres will attest.

I will miss it, but I never got rid of the feeling that the bikes abilities were massively in excess of mine. Also as a man the weight, height and width of 2 motogp riders I was never quite comfy on it, although I understand that compared to a modern supersport it's like riding a sofa.

Guest Hooli

:shock:  Not on a mk6 fiesta.  :?

My ex had a '58 plate 1.25. I had the cylinder head off in not much over an hour, the whole car is held together with plastic clips & two self tappers from the factory. I think it took as long to read the instructions as anything else.

Nice Blade btw Carcraft

Time waits for no man. This popped up for sale yesterday in Liverpool (Toxteth, I think) and I wasn't going to miss out. It's got a differently abled gearbox, two semi-flat tyres and bollocksed battery. Luckily there was a tyre pump in the boot and we bought jump leads. It drove home a treat, bit clonky over pot holes but otherwise really nice. Once home the engine was hunting a bit, possibly due to shagged battery, but we've not looked into it yet.

Seller was a diamond of a woman, Toxteth far nicer than I (stupidly and stereotypically) thought it would be.

16998215_1654591724836777_67900621562942

17021693_1654591828170100_66664385320282

16939423_1654591831503433_91869022190930

17021464_1654591834836766_89556444679617

17103799_1654591841503432_38594681090873

16999078_1654591888170094_24306719536766

16998802_1654591891503427_47132088213224