Kia Pride epic shite rescue - times three.

gricer

Nice piece of history that press fleet car....Not to mention the piece of family history it has since become.   Love stories like this, even if the car is not something I would go for its still history and a heartwarming tale.   I had never even seen reference to a van, either!    

Harold was a top old boy. Managed to back the Pride into his daughter's car as he got it out of the garage for me. He'd dented three panels in between me winning the auction and turning up. I hadn't the heart to ask for a discount, as I liked him and his family greatly. He had a complete history file of the car, including the dealer ad from when he bought it. He's now zipping around his village on a mobility scooter, probably taking the mirrors off parked cars as he goes.

Harold was a top old boy. Managed to back the Pride into his daughter's car as he got it out of the garage for me. He'd dented three panels in between me winning the auction and turning up. I hadn't the heart to ask for a discount, as I liked him and his family greatly. He had a complete history file of the car, including the dealer ad from when he bought it. He's now zipping around his village on a mobility scooter, probably taking the mirrors off parked cars as he goes.

Amazing. You dont come across genuine finds and genuine folk like that every day.

I reckon when you have finished improving that H plate one Kia themselves could be very interested in it for future marketing purposes, as you say it's probably the first imported one into the country.  They strike me as being the sort of company that would have an interest in its roots over here.  I remember Daihatsu paying a lot of money to restore the first ever Daihatsu imported (a 1964 Compagno as I recall).

Retro Korean?

Well, sort of. It's a license built 121 so the Retro Japanese link is there.

He could commission a megashite Pride/121 and Penza/323 uberpish feature.

Or buy a Penza and drive it back to South Africa and return with a boot full of biltong and OSF spares.