Proper Shite on TV tonight Astra GTE

For Fiats Sake

Just spotted this on the tv guide.

Car S.O.S
Episode 8
Wednesday 4th, January, 9:00pm - 10:00pm
bds-more4freeview.pngMore4 Freeview

Reality series. Tim Shaw and Fuzz Townshend give clapped-out classic cars a new lease of life. Tim and Fuzz head to south Wales to rescue ex-boy racer Huw's Vauxhall Atra GTE.

Obvs All vauxhalls etc....

Yea, they had one, scanned it in and replicated it or something.

Whilst we are on the car sos subject, I read somewhere today that the owner of the Sierra cosworth they did kicked up a fuss after the show because the engine was different, and they had to build the original block up. Not Google yet, but any truth in that?

Whilst we are on the car sos subject, I read somewhere today that the owner of the Sierra cosworth they did kicked up a fuss after the show because the engine was different, and they had to build the original block up. Not Google yet, but any truth in that?

Am i right in thinking the cars are resorted at zero cost to the owner?

Yep, spot on. He complained to Car SOS and demanded he have the original fucked engine re-installed. Doesn't surprise me as he looks a bit of a sort to be fair.

Car SOS (as well as Fuzz and Tim) is great. They've got the right balance of everything, and it's the only car programme that has the potential to put a lump in my throat as the (usually ill) owner is reunited with a factory fresh car at the end. I'm hoping this episode recorded on series link...

I generally enjoy the show but it does annoy me when they get to the metalwork.  They did a Datsun 240z which had holes in the floor, previous plates and rotten front chassis legs.  None of the metalwork was shown and they claimed the car took 3 weeks from start to finish.  Makes you wonder how well the repairs are done. 

My thoughts are that Fuzz is a mechanic who is good on telly (as opposed to a presenter who's been told to hold a spanner), you can also see/find the name of his workshop so I wouldn't have thought they'll bodge it like some shows.

There will be financial decisions made, such as a scrappy engine given a tickle rather than a 100% new motor. That's fair enough.