Who has/what is the most undesirable car on here?

xtriple

I just can't see any redeeming features in them. So slow, have to be thrashed (so thirsty), look crap, shonky build quality, kill you in an accident and even though they're cheap, there is other stuff just as cheap that is a million times better. Even the one possible plus point, cheap insurance, is pretty mute as there is other stuff equally cheap but not as awful. (Sorry to all the Matiz owners out there...)

It's the only car ever that I couldn't find anything to like about it. Even the Meriva we had as a courtesy car another time had a couple of good bits. But they sold a good few so someone must have liked them.

It's the only car ever that I couldn't find anything to like about it. Even the Meriva we had as a courtesy car another time had a couple of goof bits. But they sold a good few so someone must have liked them.

I've been a passenger (with 3 other guys) in an hired 0.8 auto, as it was the only thing left in the hire centre.

Oh my. Oh my word was it slow. Beyond comically slow. Seriously. Foot to the floor it could just about get to 70mph on the level.

This experience no doubt clouded my experience of them.

I have the utter shame of an 02 plate Polo TDI, the oldest daily driver vehicle on the estate we live on. People on said estate look down their noses as I go clacking past but I have the smug satisfaction of knowing I'm not financed upto the eyeballs like they are just to have very new vehicles sat on the drive....

You live in the wrong place.

There are many sayings about money and the spending of. "A fool and his money are soon parted." etc.

The observation I always make about my friends who properly have money? None of them buy new stuff. Furniture is inherited (and it tends to come with the house it was previously in) and cars are bought to be functional (ie RR / Subaru etc)

The whole notion of white cars on rimz and finance is grotesque and showy. Purely the reserve of the nouveau riche. I prefer the 'secret millionaire' look.

I dare say my 1999 Avensis wouldn't be the most popular sale on here, but it always turns up to work and has been a faithful servant. And you don't have your Labrador put down just because there are newer, more fashionable labradoodles available on the 'never never'.

you had to turn the aircon off when going up hill just to maintain momentum!

I've never known a car that doesn't disengage the AC automatically at full throttle.

Early Skoda Fabias make mk1 Seat Ibizas seem like Rollers. Puerile things. I had the displeasure of hiring one in mid 2000 as I'd killed my daily, and needed to get to Cornwall for a job interview. Everything about the Fabia was shit - flat as piss, acres of cheap plastic, horrible seats, brakes which went from nothing to projecting you through the screen at a touch, combined with a mild sense of suicide once sat in the cabin. It turns out it was an omen - I got the job and it duly became the worst five years of my life.

My mum had one as a daily when they weren't too old, I hated it. BUT it was a lot better than the Hyundai Pony X2 she had at a similar time, I couldn't actually drive that car due to the brakes. All you had to do was look at the pedal for it to lock up, amazingly overservoed.

Mrs' C2 VTS was like that, just touch the brakes for a full near on ABS triggering stop, if ABS failed you'd be locking up all the time.

Landcruiser isn't far off either, its not got a vacuum servo its got some sort of an electric pump fitted to the master cyl, no doubt £££ when it goes wrong, nearly chucked me out the bloody screen first time i braked.

Seems to be common because all the mongs think it means the car has good brakes. It's yet another reason I prefer old cars.

Oddly my goona has brakes that work when pushed, not looked at. It's one if it's good points.

Early Skoda Fabias make mk1 Seat Ibizas seem like Rollers. Puerile things. I had the displeasure of hiring one in mid 2000 as I'd killed my daily, and needed to get to Cornwall for a job interview. Everything about the Fabia was shit - flat as piss, acres of cheap plastic, horrible seats, brakes which went from nothing to projecting you through the screen at a touch, combined with a mild sense of suicide once sat in the cabin. It turns out it was an omen - I got the job and it duly became the worst five years of my life.

I bet it was in that dreadful dark green colour they did them in. Who on earth used to pick that colour.

Hired this Hyundai i10 in Marbella last year. Absolutely hilarious. Base model with keep fit everything but had aircon, which was great but with three of us in it, you had to turn the aircon off when going up hill just to maintain momentum!

The same happened with a Peugeot we had in Cyprus. We paid for one with AC and the guy just went round a few cars until he found one that blew cold. We needed it as there was a bit of a heatwave and it hit mid 40s most days. We met this couple the first night who were explaining how they had ordered a jeep despite the cost as the roof down thing etc etc, couldn't do it a normal car etc etc, only an extra £100 etc etc. How we laughed through the week when they struggled to even sit in their car because of the heat.

I bet it was in that dreadful dark green colour they did them in. Who on earth used to pick that colour.

Dark blue. Equally dull. I wish I knew the number plate so I could check to see how long it lasted for. Based on my experiences with it, it'll still be alive now, haunting it's depressed current owner.

12 year old, 3 Litre, flat 6 Subaru Legacy estate with two dented and scratched doors, which I've never bothered to fix after they were stuffed in a car park by some cunt, 18 months ago.

The seats and driving position are awful, it has a thirst like a Grimsby trawlerman, the auto box is utterly dire and it's worth the square root of absolutely fuck all.

And then, every now and again, the inner 17 year old rears his head, drives way way too fast on a bendy a or b road and it all makes sense again.

I had a R plate 2.5 Leggy auto estate a few years ago. It was brilliant, comfy, quick, stupidly quick on corners & good on fuel. I assume yours has the turbo mine was missing?

Mine had a cracked head/block instead so it'd do 12miles before dumping it's water. This was a bit of a drawback.

ShittyRover must be up there as one of the least desirable cars ever made. Less appealing than chronic diarrhoea. Also big Japanese saloons like the Legend and Camry seem to be loved in the US of A but have very little appeal over here for some reason.