Bulgaria Fest - Task complete

The Moog

The matter is different for those deemed "occasional" folded seats, rather than "everyday" folded seats.

DW: "I barely ever take more than one passenger. They ARE occasional seats"

Seems odd that a tester can make a judgement call about whether a seat is "everyday" or "occasional". To a single person or couple with no smalls, a normal back seat is occasional. To a family with 5 children, the rearmost 6th/7th seats are everyday. How is the tester supposed to know that?

We (my company) presented a Berlingo van for MOT a few years back with the front passenger seat in it's folded configuration, and gained an advisory for "unable to inspect passenger seatbelt due to seat in non-travel configuration" (or something similar). Surely a passenger seat fitted to a car is a passenger seat fitted to a car. Where it is or how often it is (currently) used is somewhat irrelevent.

Seems odd that a tester can make a judgement call about whether a seat is "everyday" or "occasional".

There are guidance notes in the old manual that I can't be bothered to dig out. They use the terms and give some definition to them. It's not odd for a tester to make a judgement call on loads of things related to the degree of wear of various components.

Major news is that I've finally been able to pay for the car! Seller insisted on Western Union, which I've not used before. I pestered him again and again for details before we left the UK, thinking I should at least send a deposit. He never gave me the details.

I spent considerable time at his house trying to make the payment work, only to discover that it takes two days for the payment to go through. Oh, and it restricted the amount I could pay!

Eventually got it sorted, but he's been mithering that the money hasn't come through - pretty much during the whole of our trip back. Turns out he misunderstood how it works, but all is now good. I've paid £947 for the car via two payments, which included the spares, road tax and insurance for a month.

Total costs of the trip will need adding up at some point, but if we average £50 per night for accommodation, and about £40 for fuel every day, you get a good idea.

This post gets better by the day. I doubt there will be any other contenders for the post of year unless some daft twat tries to drive a Routemaster back from Sri Lanka.

Safe journey, as for Austria or Italy, which coppers are going to get the biggest surprise when they pull a Romanian reg car and find two of the UK's finest citizens in it ?

https://www.facebook.com/RoutemasterAssociation/posts/1961243830617285

I think I found DW/Catsinthewelders "support vehicle"  :mrgreen: (complete with inspirational music...)