Bulgaria Fest - Task complete

The Moog

I always said Day-see-ah but I note that DW has adopted the Da-ch-a way as heard on telly adverts by Ralph Ineson who as a professional Yorkshireman should know. Oh and probably millions of Romanians.

But , I've noticed Skoda ads say Schkudah, are we supposed to start pronouncing things foreign now? We're not the BBC with their stupid saying foreign words like foreigners so proper English people don't know where they're talking about on the news.

I say Owdi, but Germans say Ordi for Audi and one particular German I know refers to Porsche as Porschey, I say Porsh but posh people say Porscha.

Yes, us lazy Britons are finally starting to use the correct foreign words rather than making a half-arsed attempt at them. Good.

Germans do not say "Ordi", it's "Owdi" over there & always has been since August Horch got kicked out of his own company & started a new one using the Latin version of his surname. Likewise, Porsche is pronounced "Porsha" because Germans generally pronounce all of the letters in a word.

First trip out 3 of us went out to Slov in an L red 525tds loaded with tools, ladders on roof, the lot, the car was on its arse. We got stopped by the rozzers twice, both times in Germany on the way there and back. No problems in Austria. Iirc you are meant to have a vignette to drive on Austrian motorways but my mate didn't bother getting one and just took the chance. We just sailed through and enjoyed the scenery

Might be worth adding re: Austria, I fell foul of the vignette rule several years ago - didn't realise that one was required and got pulled within 2 minutes of joining a motorway. 120 euro on the spot fine - cost of a vignette is less than a tenner and can be purchased outside of Austria from filling stations near the border

This post gets better by the day. I doubt there will be any other contenders for the post of year unless some daft twat tries to drive a Routemaster back from Sri Lanka.

Safe journey, as for Austria or Italy, which coppers are going to get the biggest surprise when they pull a Romanian reg car and find two of the UK's finest citizens in it ?

Yep I think Thread of the year is in the bag, unless Mr Panhard has something truly amazing lined up.

If you are going through Italy.

Turin motor museum is about two miles south of the city centre, on the west bank of the river. There is parking right outside and it is worth a few hours of exploring. The old fiat factory is only a 10 minute walk away and is now a really cheap feeling shopping centre.

I am half German and it annoys me when people say VolksWAGON.... No!!!!! Its pronounced - VolksVAGEN.... in German W’s are V’s

Rottweiler....no pronounced... RottVEILER

Well, fair enough.  I hate it it when people (usually on Gumtree/Ebay etc) SPELL it VolkswagOn.

It itches me in the same place that Robin Reliant does.

And Citreon.

And 'as' instead of 'has'.

Bought/brought.

etc

etc

HubNut, unlike Top Gear, doesn't actually need a script to produce entertaining car import stories.  Unfortunately, it also doesn't generate the same sort of revenue so we're not likely to see a supercar head-to-head, celebratory interview and other associated dribble anytime soon.  Thank fuck.

Why all the police tugs? OBV not speed related- is it the supposed country of origin, the car or the look of the occupants? Some sort of anti-beard agenda?! At this rate the Dacia will be reduced to component form by customs.

It's mildly bewildering and depressing that honest shiters on a fun* road trip, exercising their right to personal freedom are basically being persecuted