That vandalised Ambassador...

rovamota

Guest Breadvan72

My dad had a brown Princess as his BL company car (he was teaching at the BL staff college at the time, and then managing a Unipart exhaust factory in Oxford).  He really liked the Princess, and it was reliable.  I can recall him driving us back from a curry house one night, after several pints of Skol, on the wrong side of the suburban road at 80 mph.  Because 1980.   He was pissed off with me when I honked out of the window on another occasion while he was driving me back to university (I had been reuniting with old sixth form friends in the pub the night before). 

Later he briefly had a black Ambassador, which gave him trouble, but that was soon replaced by a very early talking dashboard Maestro (they were given to managers to test).  He liked that and got it sideways on roundabouts a bit.  

Thanks for the great comments, guys. It's a great feeling knowing we've saved it and I hope we get a few miles out of it before we pass it on. We're going to tax it from March 1st.

Here's a pic I took today, ebay 'shadow of photographer' style. There's still a lot of tarting up to do.

post-19521-0-07225000-1487438185_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the great comments, guys. It's a great feeling knowing we've saved it and I hope we get a few miles out of it before we pass it on. We're going to tax it from March 1st.

Here's a pic I took today, ebay 'shadow of photographer' style. There's still a lot of tarting up to do.

attachicon.gif20170218_154045.jpg

So good that Richard III took an interest. ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Breadvan72

Autoshite, the day that this Ambassador goes on sale:

queue.jpg

queue.jpg

This turned out not to be true.

How the FOOOOOOK is this car still not bought by someone on here?   I want to buy this, but really can't, because I have taken on a hopefully non major Italian project.

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C857304