Marina Shite (Fleet changes- beige-r than ever)

MarinaJosh

Some unexpected fleet changes have occured!

You may have seen I popped the engine-less Ital up for sale as I had far too many cars and was running out of space. I also advertised it in the Club magazine and was contacted by a local member who was interested. By this time a Marina appeared for sale that I had wanted for a long time. I mentioned to the chap who was coming to look at the red Ital that I would also be selling my white Ital. He ended up buying them both, leaving with me with 2 spaces and 2 money, ready for the new arrival which appeared today.

It's another early Marina in Bedouin, so it will go nicely with my saloon. The plan is this one will be for regular use whilst the saloon will continue to be the show car. Surprisingly, it actually has less miles on it. It appears to have been stored somewhere dry (very original with hardly any signs of welding) but with lots of UV as the original interior was completely shot. The seller managed to track down replacement trim, but it's multi-coloured!

Two out one in is a start but sadly I am going to be selling my Traveller soon. To be honest, with the choice of two early Marinas (my number one passion) I can't see an occasion where I would choose to drive it. Plus they're not exactly rare so if I wanted another one I could go out tomorrow and get one which isn't the case with an early Marina.

IMG_20240209_131702.jpg

IMG_20240209_131724.jpg

IMG_20240209_131657.jpg

• MarinaJosh changed the title to Marina Shite (Fleet changes- beige-r than ever)
20 minutes ago, MarinaJosh said:

You may have seen I popped the engine-less Ital up for sale as I had far too many cars and was running out of space. I also advertised it in the Club magazine and was contacted by a local member who was interested. By this time a Marina appeared for sale that I had wanted for a long time. I mentioned to the chap who was coming to look at the red Ital that I would also be selling my white Ital. He ended up buying them both, leaving with me with 2 spaces and 2 money, ready for the new arrival which appeared today.

It's another early Marina in Bedouin, so it will go nicely with my saloon. The plan is this one will be for regular use whilst the saloon will continue to be the show car. Surprisingly, it actually has less miles on it. It appears to have been stored somewhere dry (very original with hardly any signs of welding) but with lots of UV as the original interior was completely shot. The seller managed to track down replacement trim, but it's multi-coloured!

Two out one in is a start but sadly I am going to be selling my Traveller soon. To be honest, with the choice of two early Marinas (my number one passion) I can't see an occasion where I would choose to drive it. Plus they're not exactly rare so if I wanted another one I could go out tomorrow and get one which isn't the case with an early Marina.

IMG_20240209_131702.jpg

IMG_20240209_131724.jpg

IMG_20240209_131657.jpg

What's she packing, mister? High-tech* siamese-port A series, or sophisticated*  B-series punch? 

Yes, it's very solid. Original sills, arches etc. I don't think it's going to require any welding which makes a nice change. Interior is mostly in the boot! Dashboard is completely shot but fortunately I have a good spare. Uncracked brown dashboards are very rare. They always seem to survive worse than black ones. If there are any missing trim bits I should have them in my stash. At some stage they can then be painted to match. The original trim colour would have been Autumn Leaf- it would have been the same as the pic of my saloon's interior.

It's a mighty 1.3.

IMG_20240209_131757.jpg

IMG_20240209_131803.jpg

IMG_20240209_140917.jpg

IMG_20230904_175042.jpg

3 hours ago, MarinaJosh said:

IMG_20240209_131702.jpg

IMG_20240209_131724.jpg

IMG_20240209_131657.jpg

Loving the early RHD wiper pattern.
Cool thing, I like that a lot.