anyone near Walthamstow? Can't get through to the Ford dealer

egg

Hi folks - the wheel trims for my MK1 mondeo base are specific to that trim level. And I've just found out that Ford have deleted them from their catalogue.

They were still making them as recently as April.

Anyway, I chased one remaining one up in Falkirk, and they can't find it. So, the last place that apparently has 3 left is TrustFord in Walthamstow. E17 5DU.

But...I can't get through to them despite calling half a dozen times today and doing online chat etc.

Anyone close? I don't suppose they'll disappear instantly, but this is my last chance to stay OEM without going overseas (apparently loads of stock in Europe)

Thanks!

I should be able to get up there myself after Xmas, but would be good to know they actually exist before making the journey.

post-20084-0-98535800-1482333760_thumb.jpg

TrustFord/Dagenham motors are a bit of a joke- I know the parts guy is in today, I checked with their service desk - but just no answer on the phone line (I know I have the correct number).

My dad worked in the motor factor trade for 30 years, and would never leave a 'phone unanswered :-(

Request still stands please!

E17 is my patch. I'm out of the country atm but could get round there next Tuesday or Wednesday if you've not run them to ground by then.

Kind offer cheers. I'll let you know.

Getting through to any Main Dealer parts counter is no mean feat. Once overcome, speaking to someone with even an ounce of acumen is friggin impossible.

Good luck

Yeah. I even tried my local dealer as well to see if they could buy them on my behalf and get them moved over. But despite having an (inter)national parts inventory - that is impossible it seems. Obv I realise they are franchises, but still...

Again, your local factor chain would be more likely to do this for you, in fact my dad's firm had a van that ran between Croydon and East Kent daily at one stage moving stock to where customers wanted it. 

I spoke to human being today. Not that it helped. Referred queries to another fella by shouting over to him.

You have some in stock yes?

Says so on the system.

Can you post them to me?

Sorry, we don't do that

Can you transfer the stock to one of your Kent dealers? (Same chain)

Sorry, we can't do that.

Bloody hopeless. So request still stands!