1.6 PSA pez engine desperately wanted!

barrett

As per thread title. Rather than spend loads of money rebuilding my BX engine and trying to get to the bottom of the blown head gasket, I'm after a cheap, running, complete 1580cc XU5 lump as seen in pug 205, 309 and 405. I'd take a complete car if it was cheap enough.

Unlikely, I know, but should anyone spot something suitable please drop me a line. Cheers!

If this http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C799622 hasn't sold then it's been a couple of months so possibly offers well below £500? Who'd want to break it, though? 

Just realised it'll be injection, though… 205 autos are the commonest cars it seems with the right engine.

Sir or madam,

I probably have a 205 1.6i auto   M145TYA  which zoomed to GU2 7XH then some git left the lights on so it didn't start next day so buggered the MOT slot.  Shame to break it but council garage is zoned for demolition so will get me out of all the hassle of car + insurance and no where to keep it £200 ?

Doesn't a C5 pump only serve the suspension, though? There's HP braking and the steering's supplied with LHM on a BX, too. 

At the risk of going seriously OT from the OP's original post - the LHM HP pump has the job of generating the pressure within the system which is what the actuator sphere store and pressure valve regulate - think of it like a compressor pump - and whilst yes it does pump green blood around the system ( or orange blood in the case of the C5) its not pumping at a constant high pressure ( think of the pressure difference at start up, and also the difference in pumped volume from the engine doing 800RPM and 3000RPM for the cam driven pump). Its perfectly possible to build a paint sprayer using the compressor motor from a fridge and a similar principle can be employed here with regards the pressure set up to prime the system - exactly how fast the pump needs to spin to pressurise the system and pump the LHM is something for the mathematicians out there to work out. Don't forget the C5 ( and C6) came with Hydractive 3 and 3+ - so the volume / pressure of the pump needs to be sufficient to serve that system Im sure that it would serve a basic BX five sphere system with PAS and brakes thrown in.

Im not an expert by any means, but I do know its been claimed to have been done - particularly when the engine has been modified or changed in the BX - hence suggesting that the OP or yourself have a nosey at the Dutch forums where its been touted in the past IIRC. If I get the chance later I'll have a look at AussieFrogs as I think its been done over there as well ( and they speak English - sort of). I know that the 4x4 Pug 405 had an electric driven LHM set up for the rear suspension ( though again only powering the suspension on that car as you say not the PAS or brakes) and so did the C4 Grand thingy with the self levelling option.

Not altogether sure what Rolls Royce use on their set up that they used once over.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzfhnrwvpjw

Edit - sorry - 405 Mi6 not the 4x4

just a thought.

Edit - scrap all that Im clearly talking bollocks - it was a standard pump with an electric motor used not the C5 one.