The View from your Office Window (car related)

Six-cylinder

Nothing really interesting out of our house window (carer for wife so no "office" window) mainly modern shite and my jag although next door and next door but 1 both have 53ish plate golfs.

Around the village though is a maxi plus something covered in front of it, guy used to have an 85 Saab 900 but that's being replaced by a modern suv something or other.

There is a nice looking Aston Martin that I've seen, possibly a V8 vantage from the 80's.

There was an 02 rover 45 up the road yesterday but otherwise it's modern stuff everywhere.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ok, this was being loaded up today.

My guess was a 1950s AC, but then I saw the only makers badge on the back. Still don't know the model though.

Any ideas folks?

Oh, and I expect it to be into 7 figures ££ wise.

Is that an ac Bristol couple?

Ok, this was being loaded up today.

My guess was a 1950s AC, but then I saw the only makers badge on the back. Still don't know the model though.

Any ideas folks?

Oh, and I expect it to be into 7 figures ££ wise.

A bit of research by Mrs 6C has revealed this is the Ferrari 166 MM with a special body by Franco Reggiani. The car will be offered for the first time in 30 years at RM Sotheby’s Monterey sale in August.

post-4787-0-50141500-1489860812_thumb.jpg

post-4787-0-48016300-1489860897_thumb.jpg

post-4787-0-99056300-1489860908_thumb.jpg

That's the one. And indeed the number plate on the back.

I wonder what it's worth? £5 to £10 million? I still think it's ugly though.

https://www.forbes.com/forbes/welcome/?toURL=https://www.forbes.com/sites/markewing/2017/02/14/designed-by-a-sculptor-raced-by-an-italian-count-ferrari-166-uovo-heads-to-pebble-beach-auctions/&refURL=&referrer=

Please thank mrs 6c for her work. Mclarens are ten and twenty deep, but things like this do make me look out of the window gawping.

Also on Friday, but I didn't have my camera or phone handy was a beautiful single seat pre war Alfa Romeo racing car. Off to goodwood this weekend I expect as it's in their publicity material. Coming in on the transporter the Alfa left on was a Bugatti veyron in camoflauge matt green. It takes all sorts as they say, and those with money can't buy taste!