cheap redex

doug

Guest Lord Sward

What I've never understood is that when added derv additives to the tank, fuel economy decreases.  Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of these Snake Oils, as I sell them and use them regularly.  But a decrease in MPG seems to go against the grain somehow?

I've used it several times in Petrols, hasn't made a blind bit of difference. In terms of effecttiveness it's probably had its day and there's better stuff out there to keep the fuel system clean. A bit like the way Barrs Leaks went and the tablets of Radweld. K-Seal works much better. I'll stop now before the bodging police turn up saying you shouldn't use it.

K Seal is the business. I had what looked like early stage HGF on my MG ZS as it was losing water with no leak visible.

K Seal in and it didnt lose another drop in the 10,000 miles more that i owned it

Then the second owner had the coolant system shit itself after 10001miles and cursed heavily the person who put the k-seal in. ;)

I take it back about Redex. I chucked two shots in over 2 tanks and a few weeks later it does seem to run smoother. It wasn't just the optimistic placebo effect, my colleague who car shares with me commented how smoother it felt. Might use it again. Saying all this it's a 13 year old common rail diesel so I'm extremely reluctant to spend much on it given it's a matter of time before it goes awfully wrong.