cheap redex

doug

being a bit tight, I keep a log of mpg on the dailys fuel usage (2004 Audi A3 diesel)

post-4462-0-41220100-1480694455_thumb.jpg

would anyone like to hazard a guess at what point I added a bottle of redex ?

towards the right hand side of the chart, there is a peak which corresponds to a satisfying 51.28mpg, I added the redex after this fill up and look what happened ! what a load of shit ! I want my £2 back !

I watched an old fifth gear today - they had a VW corrado that was down on power.

A bottle of redex gave it 6 bhp back. The guy who has a rolling road in Widnes told me years ago that it does work.

bet the red line abuse on the rolling road gave it back the power by blowing out the cobwebs...italian tune up and all that

I've had engines run smoother after redex in the past. Only when poured in the tank mind, it's pointless tipping it down the carb to just burn.

Dunno about Redex as never used it. Possibly snake oil related but Wynn's injector cleaner seems to have had a positive effect on the MG KV6, it always misfired for around 20 seconds after a cold start as if running on five of the six.

After a bottle of the Wynn's stuff it rarely does it now. Sorry, as you were....

Redex.

I've used the diesel Redex in my old Mazda 6 a couple of times when it was on offer just to clear out some of the crap. I'm not sure it worked but it was cheaper than a tank of premium diesel and I used to use one or the other every couple of months. I bought a 3 pack of petrol Redex a few months back from Tesco for £3. I gave my dad a bottle, but haven't used any myself yet. I'll give it a go when I next fill up to see if it does anything.

That 5th gear video has annoyed me a bit. Yeah the results showed a greater increase using the Redex, but suggesting just adding that rather than giving the car a service seems pretty stupid to me, especially if you're planning on driving the car hard.