How did you discover Autoshite?

wuvvum

So I've been thinking quite a bit about Autoshite today as it is the tenth anniversary of me joining this hallowed forum.  I was the 190th member; we are now up to nearly 21,000, although a significant proportion of those are / were spambots.

So it occurred to me that there must be quite a wide variety of ways that people have found their way here.  For me personally it was via Mouseflakes of this parish, who sent me a message through eBay (back in the halcyon days when you could see bidders' full user names) after he spotted that I was bidding on a lot of the cars that were appearing in the eBay Tat thread.  I accepted his kind invitation to come and have a look round, liked what I saw, and they've never managed to get rid of me since.

So how did you get here?

I saw autoshite mentioned in a car website or forum pages somewhere, I cant remember where.

I had a look out of curiosity and read through pages of posts, laughed at the just scrap it thread.

I think the link or first post I read on autoshite was about buying and collecting a red BX diesel estate with plenty of mileage and not a lot of window demisting.

April 2009 was my joining date but I'd lurked here for a little while before.

I sold a car (white/rust coloured 79 Volvo 244) on the Volvo OC forum to Torsten after he promised me it wouldn't end up on the banger track if he could have it.

Anyway, he came to collect it and when I picked him up from the local train station in my old Volvo 740 we got chatting and he mentioned this place.

He took the car and I came here for a look and been here ever since! It's the best old car forum going!