Turnastone Garage - anybody ever been? Autoshite meeting/excursion location maybe?

doubleyeller

ROBERT CHARLES WILDING Sadly passed away on October 1st, 2020 aged 72 years. Much loved brother, uncle and good friend to many. Covid restricted service will be held at St Bartholomew's Church, Vowchurch on Saturday, October 17th, 2020 at 2pm followed by burial at St Mary Church, Turnastone. Family flowers only by request, donations, if desired made payable to St Bartholomew's or St Mary's Church c/o Golden Valley Funeral Services, Unit 3 Wormbridge Court, Herefordshire, HR2 9DH

3 hours ago, Nibblet said:

That is ace; I'd happily pay a premium to have one of my snotters filled up there. Hopefully he had a son/daughter who will take over. 

It was never that expensive tbh, the front room shop was another attraction in itself although there are no photos online afaik. Ice creams sold from a 1940s freezer, many items long out of date! 

He didn't have any kids, I think the place will finally close, although it is listed, happily including the pumps.

• 1 year later...

Just learned, from the Shite property thread, that Turnastone garage is for sale. https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/123897002

It’s local, and typical of so many houses I remember from when I was a kid. Except for the pumps. It needs a fair bit of maintenance but, please, no modernising!

Like every true petrol station, the bog is a bit grim.

C814A1A4-222A-495F-AB6E-E26B05218656.jpeg

I went by there in the work truck the other day. There was Heras fencing up around it a while back- maybe from decontamination. It’s only a few miles from work, but the wrong direction for me so never filled up there.