The world's worst LS400. COME GET IT DOME!

Supernaut

Deal has been struck on a silly car for the next Autoshite track day. It's located only 20 miles from where I live, but me and 17-Coffees are in Preston right now after visiting the classic car show in the NEC.

We shall commence the collectioning tomorrow!

Deal has been struck on a silly car for the next Autoshite track day. It's located only 20 miles from where I live, but me and 17-Coffees are in Preston right now after visiting the classic car show in the NEC.

We shall commence the collectioning tomorrow!

So you could be passing Knockhill on the way home and drop in on the mass Autoshite day?

So you could be passing Knockhill on the way home and drop in on the mass Autoshite day?

That was the original plan, but want he want's to get the car paperwork sorted ASAP and have a muck around with the car. 

Also from my side of things I can't be arsed driving up the road tired while it's dark. (Plus I need to get stuff ready for work next week)

I'm part to blame for this whole thing though, but I have no regrets what ever! :D 

Obligatory "Changing of owner" Woolarding photo...

gRlstxF.jpg

This kinda happened...

I'll let Supernaut explain more, it's his car after all.  :-)

Is that a CB radio bolted in to the footwell? Professional collectioneering!

It is indeed! Fitted it when we convoyed down to Shitefest this year, and I've just left it in the footwell of the LS ever since! (No antenna hooked up though) 

Yes. So...

The car in question was owned by a mutual friend of mine and 17-Coffees, who actually bought it from RantingYoof of this parish precisely a year ago, when all three of us went to the classic car show in the NEC last year. That was an insane collection mission, ending up with us arriving in Aberdeen at 3am. This one was not quite so insane.

Our mutual friend, Dan, is emigrating to America tomorrow. His flight is at 6am. His parents didn't want this car left on the driveway, and he was having no luck selling it. WBAC offered him £50, I offered him £200. It has 150k on the clocks and some minor electrical gremlins, and it's currently playing timing belt roulette, but it has an MOT until JUNE 2017!

It was too dark and rainy to get a photo, but here's one stolen from Dan's facebook page of what it looks like right now.

post-19977-0-00151800-1479064812_thumb.jpg

Yes, it's an LS400.

Bad points:
- O2 sensors in the exhaust are a bit goosed, so it idles a bit high when cold, but evens out when warmed up.
- Exhaust is blowing slightly (Bad? On a V8? LAWL)
- Radio doesn't light up when headlights are on
- Interior light doesn't work
- Right rear door doesn't lock / unlock reliably on the central locking, so I'm just leaving it locked until I need to open it
- Timing belt roulette

Good points:
- £200
- MOT until June 2017
- Waft

- Came with both the OZ wheels shown in the photo and the original wheels
- MOTHERFUCKING V8!!!!

WBoD or what, eh?

Moog was partly right with his guess of a Toyota Starlet. It shares some switchgear...

Arf at the clickbait thread title.

My friend's LS400 that had its heart ripped out might be able to provide some of the spares it needs.

Oh, I forgot to mention that this came with the left rear seat full of spares, including new O2 sensors for the exhaust.