'99 Toyota Starlet 1.3 auto 24k - photo's added

timolloyd

I'm trying to help a recently-widowed friend sell her '99 Toyota Starlet. Photo's to follow.

It's a real gem, nice electric blue colour like the one below and well maintained all its life. The couple in question are unfailingly scrupulous with upkeep and there's a fully stamped service book - Toyota main dealer to 2005, local garage thereafter.

The MOT history is immaculate. Search T58DDY to see. Note that this plate is being transferred and a new number allocated this week (as shown in photos below).

MOT till next August, tax to get you home.

I want to raise as much as possible for my friend and I can see these are on Autotrader around the £500 mark. Would make a great reliable first car or runaround for someone.

If I sell it through here at close to asking then I'll deliver for fuel and cheap train ticket home, plus make another good donation to the forum.

Any interest? 

post-20091-0-22993400-1478884144_thumb.jpg

post-20091-0-43732100-1478884146_thumb.jpg

post-20091-0-11215300-1478884149_thumb.jpg

post-20091-0-31047200-1478884151_thumb.jpg

My mother had the Corolla version of this model again in mills-o-matic.

Great engine and never broke down.

Foolishly gave it to my sister after I encouraged her to buy a super low mileage one who completely destroyed it. The other one was mint to look at but had a running issue after a while which turned out to be 1/4 of a tank of water mixed in with the petrol. Still ran famously for a year then started kangarooing intermittently. Shame but got p/x'd for the same money she paid for it.

VERY popular in Africa, in the Congo almost every taxi is a Toyota Corolla/starlet etc with that very engine, usually pimped very badly and with severe body damage but always running.

It was like chod heaven looking out of my hotel window!!!

VERY popular in Africa, in the Congo almost every taxi is a Toyota Corolla/starlet etc with that very engine, usually pimped very badly and with severe body damage but always running.

The very nice lady @Pringles Breakers (what's not to like, when offered 16 Wheelnuts for a fiver...) told me that the 'ethnic getlemen' who turn her over for engines - periodically - gag for Toyyo motors...TopDollari!!

Straight into the Hiace & off to the seaside.....

Gottz 2be something innitt :-P

TS