Changing keeper in log book

carlo

Before I take my life in my hands before trying to ring the DVLA on Monday, does anyone know the answer to this?

I want to transfer one of my 405's into Mrs_Carlo's name, but we'll still be driving it and obviously need it to be taxed.  Reading down the V5 logbook it says whenever they receive a change of owner the tax is refunded to the 'seller', which presumably means we have to re-tax it just to keep using it (and no doubt lose a portion of tax in the process.)  Is there any way to keep a car continuously taxed and change the keeper?  It will be at the same address.

As I'm a dodgy bastard I never have anything of value in my name and have never had a problem with any insurance company or even the local authority licensing dept.

The only downside was that when my Chrysler got written off Mrs N received a cheque in her name for £9,000 even though it was insured in my name. Luckily I managed to get the money out before she spent it on shoes and tea towels and kittens etc, or whatever women spend money on.