Furthest away car for sale.

Jim Bell

That was my point. Not sure that your business plan is that good.

Ben

Wouldn't necessarily need to be a full time job or something to travel the country for though. Effort to reward ratio could be pretty good as a job on the odd Sunday, if the demand is there.

Although I'm not aware of a specific service offering this, sites like Fivrr often have people offering to go and take local photos for you.

In fact I might stick an advert on offering just that. I guess the downside is the owner would need to be there to open the car up. And five quid would not include clearing all the rubbish out the footwells.

I see adverts like the ones in this thread (and all the other usual keyboard thumper rubbish) and wonder if there could be money made purely from the fact I have a decent camera and can put together a better sentence than these people. Ask say 5-10% of sale price and you get loads of high quality photographs and a well written description in return. Happens with high end exotic cars.

I'd thought about this as well.  Although it's nice when you see an ad that just says CAR FOR SALE with a picture of the owner's thumb, email the seller with lots of questions and they actually send you a proper reply to each point - this means I can get an idea of the car's worth and bid appropriately while other people are just clicking on to the next one.

I'd thought about this as well.  Although it's nice when you see an ad that just says CAR FOR SALE with a picture of the owner's thumb, email the seller with lots of questions and they actually send you a proper reply to each point - this means I can get an idea of the car's worth and bid appropriately while other people are just clicking on to the next one.

The only time I've responded to ads like that with a few questions they answer the first question but not the second or third. Ask the second and third question, they answer the second but not the third. I've seen a lot of people on Facebook car sales write basically nothing then "ask for more details". Why? You're going to get the same questions over and over.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...