Raffle for Taxi Pauls Rover 75 is on, for a good cause!

omegod

As some may be aware Taxi Paul needed to move his Rover 75 as his wife is sadly terminally ill and and it was causing access issues to the house,  he was initially looking to sell it for little money but JohnK kindly offered to raffle it but this would have took too long as it needed to be moved sooner rather than later but raffle uptake was swift.

I have solved the access issue tonight by getting it off his path and storing it and after a chat Paul is happy for the raffle to go ahead and the money raised to go to a good cause, I know of one or two locally that would be very worthy and appropriate recipients of a few hundred quid given the nature of the illness.      

I messaged JohnK last night and he is happy to run the raffle and I'm happy to store the car for a reasonable amount of time pending pick up by the winner, if the winner doesn't want it or suchlike I can move it on and add the further funds to the donation pot.   

Here is the original post with the backstory, pics and a good description of the car, which I can confirm drives very well despite no current MOT!! 

http://autoshite.com/topic/25962-rover-75/

People have already picked numbers in the original thread so may be best to run on from there if they still want to be included but as i'm inept at even copy and pasting hopefully JohnK can sort that end out. Sorry John I hope it doesn't get too confusing!   

Surely it would have been easier to just change the for sale tag to raffle on the original thread,

1. stephen01

2. Eddyramrod

5. BTB

7. Skizzer (on behalf of BI)

9. PBK

10. omegod

12. PBK

14. BTB

16. AngryDicky (on behalf of BI)

18. CTP

20. PBK

21.egg

23. fatharris

27. omegod

30. Eddyramrod

34. BTB

37. drum

42. privatewire

46. fatharris

49. BTB

52. privatewire

53. CTP

56. drum

59. Bren

Thanks to Omegod and John k for sorting this out for me, especially omegod who picked the car up. I now have space to manoeuvre around . It isn't a bad car to be fair and would after a bit if fettling be a good winter motor or be recycled into the forum as a swap. I shall have even more space soon when the finance company for my Mazda 5 realise that the offer to settle and get rid of the car is the best they are going to get. Even if it does mean braving we buy any car. I did have to laugh last night when jon took the car . My 5 year old lad run upstairs to tell his mum that the man had took the car and we now have space for a new car. Starting early there I think.