Cheap Maestro's destined for the scrapyard

theorganist

If you have seen my thread about the Maxi you will have seen these Maestro's mentioned which were apparently to be auctioned, or so I was told. Apparently there was never any intention to auction the Maestro's and they are still there and they are available to purchase otherwise they will be scrapped. I don't think there is long to go. They will be cheap as I imagine they are worth about £50 scrap so I would say offers of no more than £100 would secure them. They might be good for spares or restoring. I think they have been dry stored, they have been outside for a couple of weeks I believe as the elderly farmer is auctioning off the content of his barns. I have bagged the Maxi. I have attached a general view of the Maestro's and some of the blue Maestro as I did ask for some photo's of the blue one as I was considering it as it is quite an early one, although I think possibly two old wrecks would be too much for the neighbours and I would need to sell the Horizon. If you are interested you can contact Glaspers Land Agency , they are helpful. I have the number anyone wants it, not sure. Now I am going away to convince myself I don't need a Maestro!

14391011_10209151153550200_482937129062514441030_10209151154230217_424722884305220160907_141850_resized_1_zpsrkiekibx.jp20160907_141918_resized_1_zpszfkymdhf.jp20160907_141946_resized_1_zpszcuuufvy.jp20160907_141937_resized_1_zpsk1wz51ng.jp

I still need an excellent nsr door, I doubt any of these will have one good enough unfortunately. The blue one looks well worth saving, even though someone's nicked the autochoke carb off it!!

I wish you hadn't said that, I wonder if it is worth saving, only seeing one side of it the rear wheel arch doesn't look too bad in the photo's but it is hard to tell really!

That white one almost says H IAB on the number plate. If ever there was a spurious reason to save a car, it's that. Plus we can all have a sodding great laugh at someone else's expense when it falls to bits as they drag it out of the field. 

At a glance, the red J plate derv looks much cleaner than the white one. Knowing the mentality of a few farmers around here, one of the Maestros would have been the farmers 'best one', with the rest being sacrificial to it. Has he retained the best of the lot, or does it now turn it into a game of 'hunt the slightly less rusty Maestro than the others'?

Is anyone actually close enough to go and eyeball this lot?

Yes would be interested in more information . I think Glaspers will have photos of the other, but not very comprehensive. The guy I spoke to said they weren't really worth saving as Maestros are so cheap on eBay apparently, I'll ring him this evening and see if I can get more info. I certainly wouldn't mind a Maestro in my collection.