FOR SALE Aprilia Atlantic 500

madmopedracer

SOLD

bit of a bump reduced to £550

Hi swimbo says i can only have 1 bike im keeping the TDM so th Aprilia Atlantic 500 has to go 

MOT till June i think ill check

new rear shocks 

300 miles on new rear Michelin

new variator rollers

did a 850 mile tour of north Scotland on it last month before replacing shocks and Tyre 

had 103mph on it cruses in comfort at 80-90

had it out for 300 mile jaunt today so will get some pictures after i give it a wash

bad bits its got the odd ding and scratch but not too bad as per photos

had a problem with the indicators dammed if i could find the flasher relay had most of the bodywork stripped searched google no help bloody Italian electrics

finally just wired a flasher relay through a fuse to the battery problem solved

speedo and trip and other gadgets on the computer all work except the total millage think its about 15K

its very comfy to ride loads of storage brill tourer and can keep up with most things

looking for £700 elsewhere when i get to list it £600 to you skinflints

photobucket 

http://s751.photobucket.com/user/madmopedracer/library/Aprilia%20Atlantic%20500

IMG_20160818_185159_zpsjdrgt9ve.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

PlasticVanDan was after a maxi - Ive got the X9 now which is rather nice - price wise this looks rather ideal for a winter hack, though Im off to see a man about a Tomos quite soon...

Hmmm

I'll let you know how I get on with the interview that I had today - if I get the job then I'll defo want a winter hack as I dont want to be leaving the X9 outside in all weathers and I'll defo be going on my bike as parking is an utter mare at RPH site.

That said I managed to bollocks up the last Q of the interview so Im not that hopeful :(

My mate was interested in it (after hearing how good my Xevo is for long commutes) as he does 146 miles a day.

Sadly he has just paid out £750 to repair his £500 Audi A4. And hence is now potless. 

I'd have it but the Xevo has been brilliant and fulfills my commuting needs, especially now the weather is getting cooler. Heated grips will be fitted next Sunday!

After years of commuting on loads of different bikes from Suzuki GS's  through to Fireblade's and BMW S1000RR's, it's far and away the most practical bike I've used. If you've a big commute each day, highly, highly recommended.

changed the rollers to lighter ones for more acceleration but will still get v close to the ton had 104 before i changed them.

it has linked brakes and believe me although not brilliant rider iv embarrassed a few  super bike riders and impressed a lot of others

Is that bloody scooter still behind us

all that and perfect for getting the shopping or armchair like touring its a real hoot to ride

• 2 weeks later...

Is this fine motorped still for sale?

Trying to work out logistics etc at the moment but plane being the obvious choice up.

How far is thee from the nearest aerodrome???

Can you see any issues at all in it driving from glasgae to Swindon apart from the obvious sanity questions no major issues I'm assuming?

Cheers,

Vaughan.

Oooooh also approx motorway mpg (if you've recorded it occasionally).

Sounds perfect!!!

I was fancying my mates cbr 600 on an 02 with 2k on the clock but a bit* RUFFF although as I get older the thought of hunching over the handlebars for 100 odd miles each way doesn't appeal.

I live in Swansea but work in Swindon and although not commuting everyday traffic has caught me out a few times plus the bridge would be free also.

* by rough I mean standing for years after being bought crash damage and never really repaired properly.

still available in no rush to sell it

i can collect from glasgow airport or bus/train station only 30min away 

no  issues i did nearly 900 mils over a weekend

not that mind numbing it will cruse 80-90mph all day 

hiking on prob 50 to 60mpg

loads of weather protection you can get the skirt things you see used in france a lot  and you can drive it n a suit

Thanks for the reply, all sounds good. A quick check of flights and their pennies with our orange and white friends from Brizzle so that's ok. Just gonna check up on insurance and most importantly when I can get up there to collect it.

Got caught in traffic on Thursday night after an m4 accident so nearly late for work plus it's been closed most of today for similar issues and this beast would avoid all that.

If you could give me til Monday to sort out a few loose ends then that would be great.

Cheers,

Vaughan.

I purchased a Thundercat from MMR, and as you propose flew  to Glasgow, then rode it back to London. Great day out with nice weather too.

I have a Piaggio 400, and the Aprilia engine is the same, just a different barrel and piston accoding to an Aprilia technician. It's the best thing on two wheels I have used for my 120 mile commute - stay relatively dry when it rains (as long as I'm moving), and they do surprise other riders (although mine now sports 125 badges). When keeping to around 80 mph on the motorway I get around 72 mpg,  if I reduce to around 60 mph and gently accelerate I have managed 92mpg. Have seen 104mph on the gps, although it gets a bit wobbly at that speed, but handles well at 90 odd mph, and brakes are good too

Going to treat it next week to heated grips and a Baglux "skirt" for ultimate winter riding.

Enjoy

Hmmmm sorry to bugger you about but MAY need to take a rain check on this, reason being I've just acquired a new houseshare(literally at 6am as I arrived in work!!!!) but a £750 deposit is needed along with £250 for the 1st months rent so it maybe a push with a pending VAT bill also.

Let me do some maths and see what I can do but don't hold it for me, I hate to mess about or be messed about so a sales a sale, first come first served etc, I totally understand.

Cheers,

Vaughan.

Thanks fella, hate to mess people about/be messed about but IMO I still ACTUALLY need the thing, I'm travelling home after work tomorrow and no doubt will spend an extra 30 mins in traffic plus an extra £5 on FEW-ELLL (as it's known in Wales).

I'll see exactly where I am after the £2500 vat and rents settled and fingers crossed its still about, never rains but it pours eh?

I purchased a Thundercat from MMR, and as you propose flew  to Glasgow, then rode it back to London. Great day out with nice weather too.

I have a Piaggio 400, and the Aprilia engine is the same, just a different barrel and piston accoding to an Aprilia technician. It's the best thing on two wheels I have used for my 120 mile commute - stay relatively dry when it rains (as long as I'm moving), and they do surprise other riders (although mine now sports 125 badges). When keeping to around 80 mph on the motorway I get around 72 mpg,  if I reduce to around 60 mph and gently accelerate I have managed 92mpg. Have seen 104mph on the gps, although it gets a bit wobbly at that speed, but handles well at 90 odd mph, and brakes are good too

Going to treat it next week to heated grips and a Baglux "skirt" for ultimate winter riding.

Enjoy

125 badging on a 400 - I like your style sir!

Would imagine it's good for 'WTF?' moments from the power-ranger brigade. 

Just received this text, could be back on?

Will let you know.

"Vaughan the lads have just been having a discussion and the one is pulling out of the house because he wants to travel....I think it's going tits up

Really sorry if this has caused you any inconvenience".

We're going to chat at the weekend when he's back on, if it's No Va then I'll look forward to a lorne and tatty scone roll in Scotlandshire.

Well no trip to Scotlandshire I'm afraid sir, not this side of Xmas anyway.

The shared house for work looks like it will be back on around then so I'm afraid what with crimbo etc it could be a bit of an extravagant idea (since when did £550 become extravagant??? I may need to take stock!!!) plus SWMBO is still insisting of a (highly unlikely) fleet reduction.

For those crappyish reasons I'll have to give it a swerve for now sir.

GLWTSOTFM.

• 2 weeks later...