Truck Shite

quicksilver

What make is that trailer Scruff? Andover? Looks well thought out though, with the pop out width boards.

Good luck Richard, we're all relying on you!

http://www.wraithtrailers.co.uk/

When I picked it up, I walked in the workshop and up behind some bloke in grimy overalls welding (spectacularly well) a new trailer together. He turned round, revealing a shirt and tie under the boiler suit - it was the MD himself. Proper bloke, a well nice product too. Just coming up to 2 years old and had no trouble at all.

• Like 3

Impressive stuff in their gallery, looks like there's nothing especially off the peg. Looks sturdy and driver friendly too, which is good.

Also, Stuart Nicol's Scanny Longline!

Scotland was ace as always.

Run up was this little lot

post-3736-0-00871400-1488570220_thumb.jpg

Run back was this Multidrive tractor.

post-3736-0-50612400-1488570291_thumb.jpg

Companion enjoyed herself.

post-3736-0-94003200-1488570340_thumb.jpg

OMG moment this morning was being passed by a corker ERF EC11 on the M80 dragging a double decker trailer. The driver looked a double ard bastard.

• Like 6

I'm going to have to track this fucker down. I wonder how my work would feel about me spending all of tomorrow sitting outside Skiach services.

Tell them you're moonlighting for DVSA?

• Like 2

Regular Scottish ERF abusers off the top of my head, would be James Reekie in Kinglassie here in Fife (blue livery), and I think Beedie Bros from Aberdeenshire have one left (white/gold livery), that they use for delivering trailers for Gray and Adams.

Newtyle Commercials have a 6x4 EC spec lift among other things. Straight pipe, full metalflake airbrush livery! They used to have a Mack as well until recently. None of their wreckers are what you'd call a sensible choice!

Thinking about it, M9 Recovery have got a Kenworth wrecker now too. Saw that on the M8 the other week by Whitburn.

This was white and a bit rough (like mine), blue trailer, private plate.

I saw a ERF wrecker on my way up the A1, it was an e series but some heathen had cobbled an ECX front panel on and it looked SHITE

• Like 1

On the regular way home from work yesterday (Thurs) I left the M18 and went onto the M180. It's a filter lane so you don't have to stop. Doncaster Services and straight on are traffic light controlled...

As I was doing the junction, it was red, so East bound traffic was full wack.

In my mirror (I was in the Marea) running parallel, I saw and then heard a T cabbed Scania V8 with a tipper trailer. This was with my windows closed. I wound my window down instantly (as you would) and realised there was another T cab and tipper following!! I slowed in order to let it pass....Amazing noise!!

'LW Surphlis' was the livery. Heading East. They'd come from Doncaster Services, or the M18 from the South...

• Like 2

That's a new one on me! 'Argyle' says Scottish build, but the cab looks distinctly Seddon.

Never heard of an Argyle either. The cab is the standard Motor Panels one used by many manufacturers including Seddon, Guy and various others.

• Like 1

This appeared in my Facebook feed today. Thought it worth a share...

Courtesy of 'Centro Storico Fiat'...

Captioned - 1975. Fiat 300PC.

post-47-0-11977100-1489010716_thumb.jpg

This appeared in my Facebook feed today. Thought it worth a share...

Courtesy of 'Centro Storico Fiat'...

Captioned - 1975. Fiat 300PC.

attachicon.gifFiat 300PC.jpg

I like that! Looks quite modern for 1975. Don't suppose it was ever offered for sale here.

post-17481-0-45131000-1489147590_thumb.png

When I was small I got excited by anything with double headlights and by four axle rigids. This Guy would have got me pointing, "mum, mum, mum..."!

I wonder what carries 1AAX now?

Found this quite interesting. The idea has still not caught on. Only difference is that lithium ion is now the power source of choice.

• Like 3

Last I read on the state of play with electric deliveries, it was a case of Europe being well ahead of us. ISTR Carrefour use all electric going into Paris. Places like London ought to be the same, but acceptance has been much lower here. It's not just the increased efficiency of the machines, it's the small-scale renewable generation that makes it even more attractive now. It should work...

Smiths have built some very tidy 3.5 - 7.5t leccy vans, with the Daewoo Avia cab. All the major parcels firms have tried them.

Smaller vans seem to be where the progress is being made.

They were! The light tractors were fairly popular with parcels firms, because supposedly they were 'quite quick'.

My mate used to drive a Fiat 170 tractor unit in the 70's, and i seem to recall they offered a 19 litre NA V8 running some 350hp at the time.

• Like 2

i had a feeling whilst watching that film it was after lucas and chloride joined forces

i know the lucas stuff were cfs (you cant miss the unique grille), i think the mgb cargo was the chloride version

• Like 1

I was wondering, cos I started assuming it was Flying Plughole based, but the Electricity Council end title answered all. Don't remember that white cabbed thing with the Co-op livery. Majestic I think they called it?

My mate used to drive a Fiat 170 tractor unit in the 70's, and i seem to recall they offered a 19 litre NA V8 running some 350hp at the time.

I was thinking it was something like that, but I convinced myself it sounded wrong! Similar to the Merc and Cummins big NA V8s then.

• Like 1

I was wondering, cos I started assuming it was Flying Plughole based, but the Electricity Council end title answered all. Don't remember that white cabbed thing with the Co-op livery. Majestic I think they called it?

I was thinking it was something like that, but I convinced myself it sounded wrong! Similar to the Merc and Cummins big NA V8s then.

Well yeah the Merc ones would do 100mph, but only downhill with a tail wind, soon as they saw an uphill they bloody died, a very frustrating engine to drive, sounded wonderful but wouldn't pull you out of bed.

Never had the pleasure of a V8 Cummins, didn't they self destruct in deep puddles or was that the Perkins V8.

Yeah Vin, that Turkish 6 wheeler does bear similarities to a Leyland Reiver.

• Like 1

Fatih was part of the remnants of Turkish BMC which retained the name long after all the Leyland mish-mash.   Think the cab was locally produced but is the Bathgate design.....

• Like 1

Well yeah the Merc ones would do 100mph, but only downhill with a tail wind, soon as they saw an uphill they bloody died, a very frustrating engine to drive, sounded wonderful but wouldn't pull you out of bed.

Never had the pleasure of a V8 Cummins, didn't they self destruct in deep puddles or was that the Perkins V8.

Don't think the Cummins V8 made it over here: the V6 did, it was in a few buses and Dodge used it briefly iirc. I don't know much about the V8, but I'm guessing its model number, 903, is its capacity in cubic inches. About 16L or so, which makes sense. I came across it while overloading on videos, and it doesn't seem to be as common over there as their straight sixes, or Detroits or Cats.

I knew an OD in the early nineties, who treated himself to a Merc 480 Powerliner, he reckoned it was a flier. Probably needed the turbo, he was doing the fish to Spain run. Wouldn't fancy going up'n'over through Andorra with an NA...!

• Like 1