Dispatch van thing 6 seater updates HDI help needed

Jazoli

Well I'd just like to thank Campbell (Messsserssschimt Owner) and say GR11 seller, wood bye again`.

Van is ace, needs a wheel balance, a thermostat and a good service which will all be done over winter then it will be used as transport for my track bikes next year, I'll probably put some pimp tints on the rear windows to keep the toerags away when it has all my gear in the back and give it a good polish, it hides its miles very well and feels nicely run in but in no way knackered, I think it was too cheap but I'm not complaining :)

It was cheap when we bought it and our almost four years of motoring has cost £700 plus normal servicing and parts. I'm glad it's on a good home and that she will still be appreciated and used. Too cheap? Well, I knew she needed a few hundred thrown at her and I'm happy with the price we sold her for. Those miles have been done on long haul all over the uk and previously all the way to Spain and back. She flies, she never complains of a load on the back and has taken a huge amount of abuse with us. Tip runs, the odd tow job and on occasion six up. Comfortable, easy to drive and easy to park, it's been a pleasure to own her.

Just thought I'd bring this up to date, I stopped off at asda this morning and bought some oil which was on offer and stopped at ECP on the way back for filters, coolant, thermostat and jizer in prep for giving it a service.

On the way back the pas was making funny noises as it has been pissing ATF all over my drive all week so I thought I'd better tackle the leak first, off with the o/s front wheel and arch liner removed reveals the problem in all its glory, the low pressure pas pipe had been chafing against the chassis and it had worn through the alloy pipe, after a filthy dirty wrestling match the pipe was removed, the damaged bit chopped out and a new bit of hose and some hose clips solved the problem, I also made sure plenty of cable ties were used to stop it chafing again.

Next up was oil/filters and thermostat and coolant, all went well, no further explanation needed, then onto degreasing the whole under bonnet area as the pas had covered everything in rust proofing atf, great for its anti-corrosion properties, not so great for my drive :(

A productive morning, I will get my friendly mechanic to change the timing belt in the next couple of weeks, the aux belt is also knackered and there's lots of noise coming from the crank pulley/aircon pump, I think the the pulley and possibly the ac pump is knackered, as is the condenser so as nice as it would be to have working ac I'll probably fit a shorter non ac belt if possible and bypass it.

All the service parts came to under £35, I also managed to score a complete timing belt kit for it from Amazon for £7.25 which means I should be under £250 for everything done, which is a proper result.

I have also fitted some pimp tints to all the rear windows and washed it, no pictures from today but it looks the same as in the original pictures, just cleaner, without a puddle under the front of it and with dark back windows.

Edit found one pic with new AS dealer sticker

9c1565d575a4a4a8b318d9ce6df83448.jpg

What pimp tint did you use? How hard is it to apply?

The space runner is 90% glass so gets hot pretty quickly

I used this https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01IWNQG40/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Coupled with these https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00VTF7VZ2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Its easy enough to apply, best way I found was to cut the film to shape using the outside of the glass as a template Leaving 10mm around the edges then spray the film with a mild soapy solution which allows you to move it around on the glass, squeegee out the water and trim any excess, its a but tricky but once you have done a couple of windows it gets easier. :)

does the AC pulley go quiet when the AC is switched on?

It makes no difference as the clutch isn't engaging in the AC pump, suspect no refrigerant as the condenser is knackered, I'm fairly certain its the crank pulley making all the noise, I'll sort it when payday comes around.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok help required, I'm having issues with this, the coolant warning light and the stop light start flashing the minute I turn the engine on and keep running for a long time when I turn it off, its doing my nut to be honest, I have tried 2 different coolant temp sensors on the 'stat housing, I am getting 4.9v to the sensor and the temperature gauge is working normally, the van drives and runs fine, what else could be causing it, faulty fan resistor? faulty ecu? faulty operator?

I have fixed it for the time being by disconnecting the fan and removing the bulbs from the dash but I'd like to sort it properly so any suggestions or experiences would be welcome :)

It makes no difference as the clutch isn't engaging in the AC pump, suspect no refrigerant as the condenser is knackered, I'm fairly certain its the crank pulley making all the noise, I'll sort it when payday comes around.

I have fitted a new crank pulley and all the noise has now gone, which is nice  :)

Check for a second brown sensor near the fuel filter housing on these I believe?

This is the one directly responsible for the cooling fans as opposed to the thermostat one. Certainly is on a 406 with the same engine anyway...

Low coolant in the header tank can also cause that I think, I'm sure you've probably checked it's got coolant it but maybe still worth mentioning.

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll pop round to the scrapyard after work and liberate some used bits to see if it fixes it, thinking about it I do think it could be the header tank one as it only started after I changed the coolant, will report back on any progress :)

According to my obd reader the temp is 215 degrees when its stone cold, which led me to believe that the new sensor was faulty.

My Berlingo (same engine) has done the beepy flashy thing once or twice, complete with temp gauge to max when not even slightly hot.

Thankfully turning it off and on again has fixed it so far.

So you may well be onto something with the sensors. 

My speedo has also gone a bit french recently, it jumps about madly when stationary sometimes, I've done up to 110mph whilst sat at a traffic light.