obscure and oddball cabrios

Faker

Knight Rider, a shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist. Michael Knight, a young loner on a crusade to champion the cause of the innocent, the helpless, the powerless, in a world of criminals who operate above the law.

BTW, we cut the roof off your car, buddy. Is that OK?

32d5efe35e7066aae8dc5cbe32d1e9a8.jpg

I've seen pics of this one somewhere else, I think there were 2 made around 1976 and they are massive. Took years to build each one and they cost something like a billion pounds.

Yes, here's the second one. The green one was built by Frua, who designed it, but I think the red one was left unfinished and Frua went bust or something , so was finished by somebody else.

As you say , they're massive as they are built on Phantom lV chassis'. It would be interesting to see a picture of one next to a Corniche drop head for perspective.post-17414-0-86128000-1475426344_thumb.jpeg

De Tomaso Longchamps...

attachicon.gifUnknown.jpeg

Nearly - late Bertone 2000GTV (upside down)

Thanks for that. It's been bugging me as to what they were sourced from; the closest I could get was the lovely Lancia Beta, which isn't very similar really:

lancia-beta-coupe-1432620-o.jpg

As an aside, there was a Lancia pervert who lived near the local chippy when I was a teen in the late 80's/ early 90's. He always had a few Betas in various states of decompostion in his garden, right next to the main road. I can only assume that people must have kept on asking to buy them as 'not for sale' signs became a permanent fixture in their algae-covered windows. I've always liked the look of them since.