Jap car 4 sale???

pandamonium

Guest greenvanman

He seems to be one of these people who confuses the amount he paid for it with what it's worth. And he's anxious that anyone who comes to see it does so when it's dark. That and his threat to scrap it rather suggests that scrap is all it's fit for.

I doubt he'll scrap it if he's asked £800 for it earlier and refused an offer of £450.It's a nice one, but at the end of the day the RA40 is probably one of the least popular generations of Celica, it's the slower ST version and it has fairly high miles. I'm sure it's worth £800 to somebody, but I reckon £500-ish is more realistic.

hmm, i don't know why people say such things.. :roll: It does look pretty, although the underseal/stonechip up the sides could be hiding grot. although it does have 11 months MOT, i still think £500 is nearer the mark..

Viewed it last weekend. its not bad, but not worth the £800 he wanted for it. Rear arches were poorly repaired, some rust in door frames, under bonnet area covered in underseal,scuttle looked full of filler. drove OK, but water leak from a strange union that went into the block, which looked like it would be interesting to repair. that was the reason i walked away, I would need it as a daily driver, and after the test drive it was steaming away nicely!

Oh, I forgot the blowing exhaust as well,poorly sealed windscreen,etc. Pm'd him with an offer of £400 cash, can collect immediately as its only 3 miles away. I somehow don't think he will accept.If he does, does anyone want a merc E250 diesel :wink:

To be honest, If it's as bad as it sounds i'd keep the Merc and the £400!!

Well he's now accepted the £400, and I'm collecting it on saturday, weekend of fettling and hopefully into service on tuesday as the new daily. Then goodbye, utterly reliable, but boring merc diesel. Hopefully the profit from the sale of this will clear me credit card balance :cry: